Jim Robbins is, by profession, a computer programmer. His technology interests started back in 1989, when he became SysOp of his High School's BBS (anyone remember those?). Of course, as most intelligent and geeky high school students, he also loved video games. Those video games were a force driving him into self discovery as an audioholic! See: ""
Jim is, by nature, a perfectionist. He is constantly seeking the best possible sound and images available from his home theater and two channel systems. Since is also a gamer, a MAMEer, and computer guy, he is very interested in the interoperability of these various technologies. As such, every electronic item that enters his home gets a thorough examination, critical evaluation, and possible disassembly for offbeat testing and integration possibilities.
Jim is very passionate about doing home theater right! He is also very interested in helping others find audio and video so that they can understand the technology and have a full home theater experience. This passion led Jim to acquire a side job at his local Best Buy. He did spend about 18 months steering people in the right direction while working in the Home Theater department. Ultimately, the scope of what a big box store can offer as a complete solution is limited, and he moved on. Other than Jim's computer programming job, he often finds himself involved in the installation of friend's theaters and has occasionally performed paid consulting work for new A/V installs.
As an Audioholics.com reader for many years, Jim has been pursuing the truth in audio & video and he is excited for other readers to learn from his experiences, testing, triumphs, and failures. Jim's hope is to provide high quality information so that you can make informed decisions when spending your hard earned dollars on home theater and gaming.
Be sure to check outif you want some more info about Jim's background, hobbies, and interests!
Follow me on Social Media
Latest content created by Jim Robbins
- Seymour AV Fixed Frame AT Screen with AT Masking Panels Review - November 08, 2012
- Toshiba HD-A35 HD DVD Player - February 02, 2008
- Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD Player Review - October 29, 2007
- Sony Releases PS3 Firmware 2.41 - July 08, 2008
- Boston Dynamics - BigDog - March 19, 2008
- HD DVD "Best Buyers" Get $50 - March 19, 2008
- Saving HD DVD?? - January 23, 2008
- Netflix and LG - On Demand! - January 03, 2008
- Get Your Converter Box Coupons - December 31, 2007
- Microsoft Drops PlaysForSure Certification - December 17, 2007
- Wal-Mart and Target Debut Venturer HD DVD Player - November 29, 2007
- Samsung HT-TX72T Home Theater System - January 06, 2008
- Sony HT-SS2000 Home Theater System - January 05, 2008
- Yamaha YHT-585BL Home Theater System - January 03, 2008
- Sony HT-DDW790 Home Theater System - January 02, 2008
- Panasonic SC-PT950 Wireless Home Theater System - January 02, 2008
- Samsung HT-X50 5.1 Home Theater System - December 31, 2007
- Yamaha YHT-380 HTiB - December 31, 2007
- Panasonic SC-PT750 Home Theater System - December 29, 2007
- Sony DAV-HDX265 Home Theater System - December 26, 2007
- Bose Lifestyle V20 Home Theater System - December 24, 2007
- LG LFD790 2-Channel Home Theater System - December 23, 2007
- Samsung HT-AS720ST Home Theater in a Box - December 21, 2007
- Insignia NS-H2002 Home Theater in a Box Overview - December 19, 2007
- Panasonic SC-PT650 Home Theater System - December 19, 2007
- Philips HDS3555/37 Home Theater in a Box - November 20, 2007
- Digital Converter Box Comparison & Shootout - May 03, 2009
- Is the PS3 and BD 2.0 for you? - April 03, 2008
- Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare - XBox 360 Review - November 20, 2007
- Transformers HD DVD 2-Disc Special Edition Review - October 25, 2007
- The Orange Box Review - Half Life 2, Portal and Team Fortress 2 - October 22, 2007
- Halo 3 Legendary Review - a Journey, a Way of Life - September 27, 2007