2007 State of the CE Union Dolby Labs and AIX Records Interview
- Product Name: Video Interview
- Manufacturer: Dolby Laboratories & AIX Records
- Review Date: October 18, 2007 08:41
- First Impression: Pretty Cool
- Interviewer: Clint DeBoer, Editor-in-Chief of Audioholics
- Craig Eggers with Dolby Laboratories
- Mark Waldrep, President of AIX Records
- Videography & Editing by Eric Shelton
Clint DeBoer interviews Craig Eggers of Dolby Laboratories and Mark Waldrep of AIX Records at the 2007 Audioholics State of the CE Union Show in Clearwater Beach, Florida. Topics included the first ever showing of Dolby Labs new proposed 7.1 format with 'height' channels. AIX Records provided custom mixes to demo this new format and we talk about various surround formats and their impact on the listening experience. Discrete 7.1 is a new format that has really been made more relevant by the new HD-DVD formats and Dolby is excited about using that to its fullest.
We really discuss the Demo room itself - the largest at the Show this year - and talk a little about what components are in it, including B&W full-range loudspeakers, Monster Cable power products & cables, Auralex Acoustics and also the work that went on behind the scenes to mix the tracks.
Confused about what AV Gear to buy or how to set it up? Join our Exclusive Audioholics E-Book Membership Program!