Da-Lite Designer Contour Screens
We stopped by the Da-Lite booth to pay kudos to their Acoustical Imager System recently reviewed and raved about by Ray Adkins as well as to check out some of their other product offerings.
Matt Teevan showed us a slick motorized screen that, unlike many competitor screens, maintained excellent stiffness when fully extended. This is definitely a solution to check out if you wish to hide away the screen while not in use. Best of all its relatively easy to install, even for non techies.
They introduced two new screens, including an electric and manual version of its Designer Contour screens. Shown at the booth was an 80" Designer Contour Electrol screen which featured a high contrast Matte White screen and optional IR control for activation. A manual version, the Designer Contour Manual was also shown in an 80" configuration with CSR and a high power screen material.
The Designer Contour series features a stylish curved aluminum extruded case with dimensions of 4 5/8" high and 4 3/32" deep. An optional choice of seven veneer finishes (or even a modern graphite) is available for the front cover of the screen case.
Offered exclusively by Da-Lite, the Controlled Screen Return (CSR) system adds an impressive feature to the Designer Contour Manual. The CSR system ensures the quiet controlled return of the screen into the case providing optimal performance and smooth, consistent operation. For easy installation, the Contour Electrol is available with SCB-100 and SCB-200 (RS-232 serial control board), low voltage control unit or video projector interface built into the case.
Contour Electrol Screen Specifications
· 80" (pictured) Diagonal HDTV Screen (available in many sizes)
· High Contrast Matte White with optional built in IR
· Featuring a stylish curved aluminum extruded case, standard in white finish (also available in black or graphite), with dimensions of only 4 5/8" high x 4 3/32" deep.
· An optional choice of seven veneer finishes available for the front cover of the screen case for a warm and elegant look.
· An optional low voltage control unit can be built directly into the case for easy installation.
· Veneers include Honey Maple, Medium Oak, Heritage Walnut, Mahogany, Light Oak, Natural Walnut, Cherry.
· Matte White, High Contrast Matte White, Glass Beaded and Video Spectra™ 1.5 fabrics will be seamless in all sizes.
· High Power fabric will be seamless in sizes up to 6' in height.
For more information please visit www.da-lite.com .