Immersive Mediator Processor
by Gene DellaSala — September 09, 2004
Filed under: Receivers and Processors
Mediator Specifications ( Preliminary )
- Precision Motorola Symphony™ based 7.1 Channel Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro-Logic II/IIx, DTS, DTS-ES, and DTS Neo:6 decoding.
- (4) HDMI inputs and outputs for video and audio switching.
- Moving magnet phono input.
- Eight channel analog audio input using RCA connectors for DVD-A, SACD, etc. Ultra pure, all analog signal path.
- Digital audio (S/PDIF) inputs for six sources: four coax or optical and two coax only.
- Coaxial and optical digital (S/PDIF) outputs provide two-channel digital down-mix from 5.1 sources for recording, etc.
- Balanced outputs for main 7.1 channels.
- 3 additional single ended subwoofer outputs.
- All-digital bass manager with crossover frequencies of 40 to 160Hz.
- DSP based tone controls.
- Professional grade 24-bit A-to-D converter and 24-bit/192kHz Multibit D-to-A converters.
- All inputs can be renamed and are completely configurable for triggers, zone assignment, gain trim, max level, etc.
- Second zone audio capability; can play sources independent of the main zone.
- Full-time digital down-mix for two-channel tape recording, digital outputs, and second audio zone output from multi-channel digital sources.
- Direct two-channel analog bypass mode.
- Preprogrammed and learning MX500 remote control with LCD.
- Music surround modes converts stereo inputs into five or six channels.
- High performance Alps FM/AM tuner with 40 presets.
- Separate trigger outputs and infrared inputs for both zones.
- High-current (500mA total) trigger outputs.
- IEEE-1394 (Firewire™) port for future expansion.
- Flash upgradeable memory.
- Modular internal construction.
- 2RU chassis with floating multi-element, milled aluminum faceplate.
- Black lacquered removable side trim panels. Optional rack mounting hardware provided.
- IEC power inlet, 120/230 VAC configurable.
- Weight - 27 lbs.
- Dims: (HxWxD) 6" x 18 ½" x 16 ¼"