Soundocity Outrigger Review
by Tom Andry — February 12, 2007
- 1/4" thick HRPO (steel) main bars with durable black powder coat finish
- Comfort grip fiberglass filled polypropylene knob (soft to the touch)
- All Brass precision machined cones with black or gold nickel finish
- Each cone spike weighs 86 grams and measures 1-1/4" diameter and 1-1/2" tall or 2.00"
- Each cone has two piece threaded tip design allowing additional level adjustment
- 100 lb /sq. in. tension spring for positive knob feedback (new!)
- All steel with zinc plate 1/4-20 wood inserts for DIY insert installation
- All steel mounting hardware (Bolts & Washers for 1/4-20 for installation)
- Custom shipping packaging include polyethylene foam for protection
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Easy to adjust
- Interchangeable tips for the spikes
Serendipity… An instance of making a fortunate discovery by accident. Well, one day Paul Stepanek, President/Owner & Designer from Soundocity was browsing the web. He came across a review at Audioholics. The author, a particularly whiny fellow, was lamenting the fact that the speaker he had reviewed was a bit “tippy” and that he wished the manufacturer would provide an outrigger setup as an option. Paul looked around at the warehouse full of aftermarket Outriggers and thought, “Hey, I bet that guy would review these if I sent him a set!” (Ok, I don’t know what he was thinking but that sounds good to me.) At the same time, said reviewer was working on yet another review where he was having problems leveling a different pair of floorstanding speakers. Not as bad as the first time, but still a little frustrating. Paul’s email couldn’t have come at a better time. And, yes, he was right, I would review them.
Confused about what AV Gear to buy or how to set it up? Join our Exclusive Audioholics E-Book Membership Program!