Toshiba TV/DVD LCD Combo Displays
At today's press conference, Toshiba announced its 2009 series of LCD televisions with integrated DVD players. Toshiba’s new line delivers a nice combined entertainment device that works well for bedrooms, home offices or even kitchens (I'll take three). The new models are scheduled to ship during the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2009.
Each of the new LCD/DVD combo TVs features a new contemporary design for the style-conscious consumer. The slightly translucent bezel design (they dub this "Deep Lagoon") adds an appearance of depth and the speakers are hidden to allow the TV to have a clean edge for better aesthetics (which WE dub "Formover Function"). The 15, 19 and 22-inch sizes are available in both high-gloss black or high-gloss white, offering consumers the ability to better match their decor.
All models feature a 16:9 widescreen LCD and provide WMA, MP3, JPEG and DivX playback media formats. Additionally, the majority of Toshiba’s lineup includes 2 HDMI inputs as well as PC inputs. This allows these sets to be hooked up to high-definition devices or be used in conjunction with a computer, while still supporting use with gaming and HDTV. Toshiba’s 2009 LCD TV Combination Models Include:
- The introduction of a 26-inch screen size. The new 26LV610U features a 26.0-inch diagonal 16:9 LCD screen and a high-gloss black bezel. The HDMI and PC inputs, along with a thin chassis depth, allow this mid-sized set to function as the primary TV in the home or in the bedroom or office.
- The 22LV610U, which features a 21.6-inch diagonal 16:9 widescreen LCD, is available in high gloss black or high gloss white (22LV611U).
- The 19LV610U, which features an 18.5-inch diagonal 16:9 widescreen LCD, is available in high gloss black or high gloss white (19LV611U).
- The 15LV505, a continuing model, features a 15.6-inch diagonal 16:9 widescreen LCD and is now available in white (15LV506).
For those wishing to save $0.85 on their monthly electric bill, Toshiba LCD TV combination models will meet ENERGY STAR 3.0 certifications. Toshiba has also reduced the amount of paper used in its packaging for the 15, 19 and 22-inch models thanks to a compact folding stand design.
Expected Pricing and Availability
- 15LV505 (MSRP $299.99, Currently Available)
- 15LV506 (MSRP $299.99, Currently Available)
- 19LV610U (MSRP $349.99, March 2009)
- 19LV611U (MSRP $349.99, April 2009)
- 22LV610U (MSRP $449.99, April 2009)
- 22LV611U (MSRP $449.99, April 2009)
- 26LV610U (MSRP $549.99, March 2009)
For additional information please visit www.tacp.toshiba.com.
Confused about what AV Gear to buy or how to set it up? Join our Exclusive Audioholics E-Book Membership Program!