Impact Acoustics SonicWave Subwoofer Cable Review
- Product Name: SonicWave Subwoofer Cable
- Manufacturer: Impact Acoustics
- Performance Rating:
- Value Rating:
- Review Date: February 02, 2005 18:00
- MSRP: $34.99 for 12' cable
- Connectors: RCA Male to RCA Male
- Constructed using 18 strands of 0.12mm silver-plated oxygen-free copper and 7 strands of 0.18 silver-plated oxygen-free copper as the signal conductor
- CU Shielding Technology™ ensures high-fidelity transmission of critical deep bass signals.
- SplitLok™ precision-machined 24-karat gold-plated connectors with split center pins provide a superior signal connection
- Flexcable™ ultra-flexible PVC jacket for easy installation
Impact Acoustics SonicWave Subwoofer Cable Introduction
Reviewing cables is one of my least favorite things to do on Audioholics. On the other hand, debunking the nonsense science behind them is most enjoyable. Impact Acoustics makes this extremely difficult for me since I can't find any junk science - just straightforward and sound cable design. As if they didn't make my job difficult enough already, they made it harder by selling their cables at an extremely affordable price. This will likely turn off some "elitist audiophiles", but it will win the hearts of the value-minded home theater enthusiasts and music lovers. I'd just as soon let the elitists spend ten times the amount on cables that probably don't perform any better (and usually perform worse), but will allow them to reach the spiritual experiences of "cable nirvana." For the rest of us, there is Impact Acoustics.
Confused about what AV Gear to buy or how to set it up? Join our Exclusive Audioholics E-Book Membership Program!