Audioengine W2 Premium Wireless Adapter for iPod
- Wi-Fi frequency band: 2.4-2.4835GHz
- THD+N (A-weighted): <0.03%
- Latency: <20mSec
- Range (typical): 30ft (9 meters)
- Audio frequency response: 20Hz to 22Khz (+/-1.5db)
- Output voltage: 830mV
- Channel separation: 65dB
- Dimensions (each): 100x30x10mm
- Wireless Music Sender for iPod
- Wireless Music Receiver
- USB AC Power Adapter
- Mini-jack to RCA Adapter Cable
- Mini-jack (3.5mm) Audio Cable
Audioengine displayed its new W2 Premium Wireless Adapter for iPod. The Audioengine W2 turns your iPod into a wireless remote music streaming server, allowing you to play all your songs wirelessly from your iPod to any stereo system with support for lossless quality. To get it working you just plug the digital Sender into your iPod and connect the included Receiver to your stereo. In 2 minutes (theoretically) you have complete control of your music from your iPod. Since the iPod controls your music, there's no need to use a separate remote, and the AW2 is super-easy to hook up, with no batteries required (the receiver requires AC power).
This is an interesting solution because it bypasses the need for an iPod docking station. In fact, users can think of the Audioengine W2 as the "dockless dock." The only negative is you'll need to decouple the iPod when it's time to recharge. With a rock-solid wireless connection, the AW2 is pre-configured out of the box so there are no buttons to push and no software to configure. Extra Receivers can also be added to other music systems around the house allowing you to "hop" between each. The AW2 Receiver is unobtrusive and easily fits on the back of any stereo system.
The AW2 uses uncompressed
CD-quality transmission technology with no network setup, software, or computer
required. The Wi-Fi-based wireless is an all-digital PCM encoded stream sent
over a closed network. This system includes some clever error correction and
low latency, which means that your music gets to your stereo fast without any
lag, loss in sound quality, or interference from other wireless products or
microwave ovens, cordless phones, etc.. The Sender doesn't need to be charged
and you have full control over your iPod, with no sluggish menus or lack of
volume control as is common with remotes and wireless iPod adapters.
- Use your iPod for total wireless music control
- Quick setup, Receiver included
- Super-compact size, no batteries needed (receiver requires AC power)
- No separate remote or base station needed
- Uncompressed CD-quality digital transmission
- No dropouts, static or interference
- Wi-Fi technology
- No DRM restrictions, plays all your music
- HOP feature works with up to 8 receivers
The Audioengine W2 (AW2) Premium Wireless Adapter for iPod is priced at US$169 and is available from an authorized Audioengine reseller or online direct from www.audioengineusa.com.
Confused about what AV Gear to buy or how to set it up? Join our Exclusive Audioholics E-Book Membership Program!