Atlona Technologies AT-HDPiX USB to HDMI Adaptor Preview
- Product Name: AT-HDPiX USB to HDMI Adaptor
- Manufacturer: Atlona Technologies
- Review Date: January 09, 2009 02:00
- MSRP: $179
- First Impression: Pretty Cool
- Compatible with Windows 2000, XP and Vista
- Compatible with Mac OS 10.4.1 or higher
- USB connector: mini-USB female
- HDMI connector: Standard HDMI 19-pin female
- Dimensions: 3.2" W x 0.8" H x 2.2" D
- Gross Weight: 1lb.
- 1 x AT-HDPiX ( USB to HDMI Converter)
- 1 x Mini Audio Cable
- 1 x USB Cable ( 5-pin mini to USB-A)
Ever want to connect an HDTV or projector with HDMI to your laptop or computer? No? Well use your imagination, because Atlona Technologies deployed its new USB to HDMI adaptor, dubbed the AT-HDPiX. This new solution is designed to add a HDMI port to any computer (Mac or PC) and has almost limitless applications in both consumer and commercial environments. All you need is an available USB 2.0 port (and an external power supply is not needed).
From commercial applications with digital signage to home theater, the HDPiX provides a simple solution for viewing content from a computer on any HDTV. Setup is as simple as plug and play and the system seems to work both flawlessly and without any hangups - though we'd like to see some more endurance benchmark testing with HD content sources. You can connect up to 6 AT-HDPiX devices to a PC and up to 4 to a Mac.
- HD TVs or Projectors Compatible
- Resolutions supported up to UXGA 1600x1200 or 720p
- Up to 6 x AT-HDPiX could be used with one PC and up to 4 x AT-HDPiX with one Mac
- 32 bit True color depth of high quality images
- Capable of Mirroring or Extending Display
- Standard and wide-screen aspect ratios
- Compatible with all CRT and Flat Panel monitors
- Auto display ID using VESA compliant protocols
- Audio through 3.5mm (1/8-inch) stereo jack
- Embedded Audio into HDMI
- Quick and easy installation
- PC and Mac compatible
- Supports Windows 2000, XP and Vista, Mac OS X 10.4.1 and higher
- USB Powered (no external power needed)
- Includes software, USB cable and audio cable
- CD-ROM Drive
- Windows 2000 SP4/XP SP2/Vista SP1Mac OS X 10.4.1
- One USB 2.0 port
- 512mb of Ram
- Pentium 4
- 30MB (PC) or 17MB (Mac) of free disk space
- Computer screen for use with the HDPiX device
For more information, visit www.atlona.com.
Confused about what AV Gear to buy or how to set it up? Join our Exclusive Audioholics E-Book Membership Program!