Samsung BD-P1000 Blu-ray Disc Player Review
** Component output for CSS-encrypted DVD discs is limited to 480i/480p only. BD software can lock out resolution above 480p via ICT and DOT tokens.
Firmware Updates: Upgradeable via CD-ROM
- Picture CAN look good on well-authored material
- 1080p upconversion of standard DVDs
- Excellent build quality
- Bargain price if compared to reference and esoteric upscaling DVD players costing much more
- Expensive debut (not atypical)
- Awkward remote
- MPEG-2 software underwhelming for most part
- Slow startup and menu navigation speed
- Most advanced features not fully implemented (or at all)
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD nowhere in sight
- Strict EDID implementation means it may not work at 1080p resolution with 1080p-capable displays
- Underwhelming software performance and availability
Confused about what AV Gear to buy or how to set it up? Join our Exclusive Audioholics E-Book Membership Program!