AudioControl AVR-4 HD Home Theater Receiver Preview
AudioControl announced the launch of their new Concert AVR-4 HD Home Theater Receiver. The Concert AVR-4 HD is said to fill a gap in the market for an audiophile quality receiver, at a great price, that does not compromise on the quality of its components, delivering a stunning movie experience rich in top tier audiophile sound quality and video performance.
The exclusive, up-market design of the Concert AVR-4 HD hides behind its subtle styling a beefy seven channel, 120 watts per channel amplifier with advanced audio and video processing that AudioControl is renowned for. The Concert AVR-4 HD has been designed to deliver a stunning advance in AV quality without the gimmicks found on many of today’s receivers that compromise the core quality of the audio and video platform.
The features of the Concert AVR-4 HD have been designed to deliver this breathtaking experience and amongst the many capabilities of this receiver include:
- 7.1 Home Theater HD Advanced Surround Sound Receiver
- Upgraded 1080p HDMI Switching Up To Five Sources
- HDMI1.4, 3D Video Pass Through
- Powerful, Dynamic 120 Watts Per Channel Amplification into All Channels Driven
- Seven Channels of ‘Cool Running’ Class H Amplification Reducing the Need for Rack Fans
- AudioControl’s Discrete Input AV Processing
- Dolby Volume, Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio Lossless HD Decoding Formats
- Compatibility and Integration With Leading Control Systems Including RS232 Ports
- Sirius Satellite Performance Functionality with Optional Tuner Module
- A Versatile Array of Inputs and Outputs to Meet the Needs of the Connected Home including Dual Assignable HDMI Outputs with Priority Switching
- AudioControl’s Unique and Discrete Styling for Both Rack and Non-Rack Mounted Needs
- AudioControl’s 30 Year Focus on Audiophile Quality, made in the USA and accompanied by a bulletproof 5-year warranty program
Details are a bit sketchy on this new A/V receiver from AudioControl as their website has not been updated at the date of this release to give more details. From our brief inspection of the design, product layout and features, we suspect this receiver shares the design platform of the Arcam’s AVR600. This is certainly not a bad thing since Arcam makes highly respected no nonsense gear.
Backview of the AudioControl AVR-4 HD Receiver
Both receivers boast 5 HDMI inputs, a large torodial power supply and multi rail switching amplifier design which helps the products achieve high power ratings while still running cool. This allows for easier rack mount placement without having to worry about the product overheating in a tightly packed space. We look forward to learning more about this product from AudioControl once details become available. The array of connections and layout is virtually identical to the Arcam AVR600 though the AudioControl version appears to have nicer speaker terminals.
For more information visit www.AudioControl.com.
Unless otherwise indicated, this is a preview article for the featured product. A formal review may or may not follow in the future.
Confused about what AV Gear to buy or how to set it up? Join our Exclusive Audioholics E-Book Membership Program!