Xhifi XDC-1 Desktop Speaker System
by Jeff Lawson — September 09, 2004
Filed under: Loudspeakers
Here is a product that caught our eye at CEDIA. It would make a nice setup in a luxury office for a computer or mp3 player speaker system. The build quality looked superb and it was very pretty to look at. Satellite Specs:
Revolutionary Radial Ribbon design by JVC Labs
Elegant cylindrical shape with 360¡ driver design
3.74"H x .394"W Radial Ribbonª driver
Rare earth neodymium magnet with 1/14 the mass of typical designs
Ultra-high frequency response over 50 kHz for DVD-Audio/SACD
Driven by custom 50 watt (x2) Class "D" Digital Amplifier
Type: Acoustic Susp.
Driver: Radial Ribbonª
Freq. Res: 230Hz ~ 50kHz
SPL: 80 dB/w_m
Impedance: 6 ohm
Dimensions (in): 5W/13H/5D
Weight: 2 lbs.
- 6.6" resonance-free long-throw woofer
- Custom coil and center cap design by JVC Labs
- Bass reflex cabinet with special port configuration
- Tiptoe footprint for maximum isolation
- Dedicated sub volume, master volume, and phase controls
- Driven by custom 60 watt Class "B" High Current Amplifier
- Magnetically shielded
- Type : Bass-reflex sub.
- Driver: 6.6" cone (4 ohm)
- Freq. Res: 30Hz ~ 230Hz
- Sat Amp: 50W (x2) max
- Sub Amp: 60W max
- Dimensions (in): 10W/15H/13D
- Weight: 22 lbs.