Rocket ULW-10 Subwoofer Review
by Arvind Kohli — July 14, 2005
- Acoustic suspension, single-driver system
- 10" black-annodized alloy cone woofer
- 350W built-in amplifier.
- Frequency Response: 26 Hz +/- 3 dB
- (W x D x H): 12.25" x 11.75" x 13.00"
- Weight: 39lbs each / 47lbs. Shipped
- Finish: Satin Black, White Shadow Maple and Dark Walnut
- SOS or Speaker Optimization System - an automatic 1-band parametric EQ.
- Continously (infinitely) variable phase, 0 to 180 degrees.
- Gain adjustment
- Continuous crossover adjustment (40Hz - 150Hz).
- Crossover disable setting.
- LFE summed R/L RCA input.
- Auto-on / standby mode.
- Attractive finish.
- High SPL capability.
- Low price point.
- Small footprint.
- Automatic 1-band parametric EQ.
- Single RCA jack for LFE input.
- No speaker level inputs.
Rocket is a brand of Onix Audio, a 20 year old British hi-fi manufacturer. Onix is currenty owned by a partnership between Mark Schifter and a Chinese entity. Onix owns a factory in China where Onix, Rocket and many other speakers are made under Mark’s personal supervision. Reportedly, Mark spends about nine months a year in China and is very involved with all aspects of manufacturing. This is a considerably different setup from the current trend, of designing a product in North America or Europe and outsourcing production to a third-party in China. Mark actually goes to China to oversee manufacturing and design aspects of the product.
Confused about what AV Gear to buy or how to set it up? Join our Exclusive Audioholics E-Book Membership Program!