Screen Innovations Visage Projector Screen Review
by Ray Adkins — March 05, 2006
- Product Name: Visage Projector Screen
- Manufacturer: Screen Innovations
- Performance Rating:
- Value Rating:
- Review Date: March 05, 2006 19:00
- MSRP: $ 3899
- Front projection now possible in non-light controlled rooms
- Impeccable build quality and engineering.
- Excellent performance
- Wide viewing angles considering the high gain
- Solid surface makes a perfectly consistent viewing surface
- Lifetime replacement policy
- Projector needs to be mounted within 5 degrees of the screen top or bottom for best performance
- Ambient light from behind projector not completely rejected
Screen Innovations, a company headquartered in Austin, Texas has recently introduced a new revolutionary screen. It is called the Visage (formerly referred to as the ‘Mirage’) and it has the ability to overcome light-filled rooms even with moderately bright front projection systems. The new breakthrough screen uses a patented high contrast filter that covers 60% of the screen surface. This enables the projected image to be reflected by the screen while at the same time absorbing ambient incidental light from other angles produced by windows and room lighting.
Confused about what AV Gear to buy or how to set it up? Join our Exclusive Audioholics E-Book Membership Program!