Epson Pro Cinema 6030UB LCD Projector Preview
- Projection System: Epson 3LCD, 3-chip optical engine
- Driving Method: Epson Poly-silicon TFT Active Matrix, 0.74-inch wide panel
- Pixel Number: 2,073,600 dots (1920 x 1080) x 3
- Color Brightness (Color Light Ouput): 2000 lumens1
- White Brightness (White Light Output): 2000 lumens1
- Native Resolution: 1080p (1920 x 1080)
- Lamp Type: E-TORL™ 230 W UHE
- Lamp Life: 5000 hours (Eco), 4000 hours (Normal)
- Throw Ratio Range: 1.34 – 2.87
- Size (projected distance): 30" – 300"
- Keystone Correction: Vertical: ±30 degrees (Manual)
- Contrast Ratio: Up to 120,000:1
- Color Processing: Full 10 bit (Partial 12 bit)
- Manual focus / Optical zoom
- F-number: 2.3 – 3.6
- Focal Length: 22.5 mm – 47.2 mm
- Zoom Ratio: 1.0 – 2.1
- Lens Shift: Vertical: ±96.3, Horizontal: ±47.1
- Lens Cover: Powered, Slide Lens Shutter
- Display Performance: 1920 x 1080 native (1080p); HD, 2D, 3D, 2D-to-3D conversion
- Auto Iris
- Inputs: 2 HDMI, RS-232C, RCA (composite), 3RCA (component), VGA D-sub 15 pin (computer input)
- Outputs: Trigger On/Off (3.5 mm stereo jack), 12 VDC 200 mA (max.)
- Power Consumption: Lamp on 350 W, Lamp on (Eco) 280 W
- Fan Noise: 22 dB – 32 dB
- Dimensions: 18.34" x 15.5" x 6.2" (W x D x H)
- Weight: 18.4 lb
We got a chance to interview Jason Palmer of Epson about their new Pro Cinema 6030UB LCD projector, which is the company's flagship home theater model for the custom installation channel. This replaces the Pro Cinema 6020UB. The major improvements are contrast ratio, which is almost double. It was 320,000:1 and is now 600,000:1. There are also a lot of under-the-hood features that have been improved—particularly lens and processing improvements. The 6030UB can also do frame interpolation in 3D mode, and the projector also does Classic Black and White mode, which sets the color temperature model to 5400K, the way film cameras used to be back in the day. It's a discrete button on the remote now and very easy to access. This is an under-$4000 projector, and it continues to come with an additional bulb, two 3D glasses, a projector mount and a three-year replacement warranty.
The Pro Cinema 6030UB is a 120,000:1 contrast ratio projector which has several advance features like 2D to 3D conversion. It also has the same vertical and horizontal lens shift available in the more premium Pro Cinema models, but shaves the pricing down to $2,499.
Confused about what AV Gear to buy or how to set it up? Join our Exclusive Audioholics E-Book Membership Program!