Tripp Lite HDMI over Cat5 Preview
Tripp Lite, a manufacturer of power protection and connectivity products, has introduced a full line of HDMI Extenders and Extender/Splitters. The B126 over Cat5 series extend HDMI signals up to 200 ft. over a single Cat5 cable while maintaining reliable, high quality display and sound. This is ideal in applications where the source is remotely located and signals must be transmitted over distances longer than conventional cables allow. Implementation is simple and cost-effective with Cat5e cables--only one cable is needed to extend the HDMI signal, allowing for inexpensive installation for classrooms, businesses, and digital signage applications.
Key Features & Benefits
- HDMI over Cat5 Extender/Splitters transmit a single HDMI signal into two or four. The number of connected monitors can be expanded by daisychaining up to three units.
- HDMI over Cat5 Passive Extender Remote Unit and Wallplate Unit extend the HDMI signal up to 100 ft. from the source.
- HDMI over Cat5 Active Extender Remote Unit and Wallplate Unit extend the HDMI signal up to 200 ft. from the source.
- HDMI over Cat5 Active Extender Kit includes both local and remote units, allowing users to extend a HDMI signal up to 200 ft. as well as providing a local unit to connect HDMI output directly to a monitor.
"Our new HDMI over Cat5 Extenders and Extender/Splitters provide high quality solutions for a wide range of extension applications. Running HDMI over Cat5e/6 cable provides a low-cost solution for versatile, long distance installation, without sacrificing superior sound and display quality."
- David Posner, Tripp Lite Product ManagerFor more information on Tripp Lite's new HDMI over Cat5 Extenders and Extender/Splitters, go to: http://www.tripplite.com