Sharp Announces Price Reductions on AQUOS LCD TVs
MAHWAH, N.J. - Oct. 24, 2005 - Sharp Electronics Corporation today announced price reductions on select models of AQUOS(R) Liquid Crystal Display televisions. New prices of select AQUOS LC-TVs, including a number of large, widescreen HDTV models as well as a few of the smaller, traditional 4:3 sets, become effective November 1. Sharp Electronics is the U.S. sales and marketing subsidiary of Sharp Corporation, the global market leader in Liquid Crystal Televisions.
"We are very pleased that our superior manufacturing capabilities continue to afford us the opportunity to make these reductions possible," said Tony Favia, senior product manager, AQUOS, Sharp Electronics Corporation. "As the demand for sophisticated, high-tech flat-panel televisions continues to increase, our factory is constantly making production procedures more efficient, which keeps costs down and helps make AQUOS available to more consumers."
All AQUOS models feature Sharp's Emmy(R) Award-winning LCD technology**, including Sharp's proprietary Advanced Super View (ASV) LCD panels with Black TFT low-reflection coating. These panels dramatically reduce glare, so they can be placed anywhere - even near windows, doors or other light sources - without sacrificing picture quality. AQUOS units also offer 170-degree viewing angles, enabling consumers to watch TV clearly from anywhere in the room, as well as extremely high contrast for blacker blacks and clear, vivid pictures, and high brightness with exceptional color clarity. The stylish design fits seamlessly into any decor, and the detachable table stand and side or bottom speakers allow the televisions to be installed in a variety of design scenarios, including wall mounting.
Pricing and availability for the selected models are as follows:
- The 13-inch LC-13B8U-S, previously $499.99, will be available for an MSRP of $449.99
- The 20-inch LC-20S4U-S, previously $799.99, will be available for an MSRP of $749.99
- The 26-inch LC-26DA5U, previously $1,399.99, will be available for an MSRP of $1,299.99
- The 26-inch LC-26D4U, previously $1,699.99, will be available for an MSRP of $1,599.99
- The 26-inch LC-26D6U, previously $1,799.99, will be available for an MSRP of $1,699.99
- The 32-inch LC-32DA5U, previously $1,899.99, will be available for an MSRP of $1,699.99
- The 32-inch LC-32D4U, previously $2,399.99, will be available for an MSRP of $1,999.99
- The 32-inch LC-32D6U, previously $2,499.99, will be available for an MSRP of $2,099.99
- The 37-inch LC-37DB5U, previously $3,299.99, will be available for an MSRP of $2,799.99
- The 37-inch LC-37D4U, previously $3,499.99, will be available for an MSRP of $2,999.99
- The 37-inch LC-37D6U, previously $3,599.99, will be available for an MSRP of $3,099.99
- The 45-inch LC-45GD5U, previously $6,499.99, is available now for an MSRP of $5,499.99
- The 45-inch LC-45GD7U, previously $6,499.99, is available now for an MSRP of $5,499.99
For more information on Sharp's full line of Liquid Crystal Televisions, contact Sharp Electronics Corporation, Sharp Plaza, Mahwah, N.J., 07430 or call 1-800-BE-SHARP. For online product information, visit Sharp's Web site at http://www.sharpusa.com .