Remotescape iPad App Released for Kaleidescape
Remotescape Inc. (www.remotescape.com) today announced the availability of the new iPad version of its popular remote control application for Kaleidescape Systems. This new version has been completely redesigned to leverage the larger screen size, higher resolution, and new user interface features of Apple's new iPad devices. Remotescape for iPad includes many enhancements that extend the rich remote control experience pioneered by Remotescape for the iPhone and iPod touch.
"The iPad's tablet form factor is proving to be very popular in the home entertainment system market. Now Kaleidescape System owners can experience all of the same Remotescape features they are used to with the iPhone version, plus they can enjoy many enhancements only possible with the larger screen size of the iPad."
- Dan Pronovost, President of Remotescape Inc.
Remotescape for iPad Features
- Navigate the Kaleidescape on-screen display: Take control of your Kaleidescape System with the heads-up navigation pad in the Remote tab. Enjoy easy one-handed operation with your thumb on the navigation pad.
- Browse and play music from any room: Browse and search your Kaleidescape music library right on your iPad. Control music playback from any room in your home.
- Flick through your album covers: The familiar Cover Art view is available directly from the tab bar in Remotescape for iPad. Use your finger to scroll around, or flick and tap to jump anywhere quickly.
- See what's playing now: Control music and movie playback with the Now Playing tab. Use familiar remote control buttons including fast forward, reverse, stop, pause, play and more. View rich details and cover art for the currently-playing movie or album.
- Control the volume in your home: Enter a few details about your A/V system in the Remotescape web portal, and then control the volume from directly within the Remotescape app. No configuration on the iPad is required. Contact your Kaleidescape installer to have volume control set up for your home.
Remotescape for iPad can be purchased from the Apple App Store for $149.
Remotescape was founded in 2008 by two former Kaleidescape employees, one of whom was also a co-founder of Kaleidescape, Inc. Remotescape Inc. is privately held and headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Remotescape products are available exclusively on the Apple App Store. Remotescape Inc. is not affiliated with Kaleidescape, Inc.