Oppo BDP-93 3D Blu-ray Player Now Shipping!
According to Oppo and our friend Robert Silva over at About.com, the company has finally announced that the highly-anticipated BDP-93 3D/Network Streaming Blu-ray Disc player is now available for order. We were given the impression that Oppo was intending to release it before the end of the year when they allowed us to debut the BDP-93 Blu-ray player to the world during the CEDIA Expo in Atlanta. The player supports 3D Blu-ray as well as Netflix, Blockbuster, and more) and continues to support both SACD and DVD-Audio Disc playback, making it a true universal player (one of only a few left on the market). The Oppo BDP-93 can also play back media files from USB thumb drives and eSATA drives. For video processing, Oppo went with the Marvell QDEO Kyoti-G2 88DE2750 upscaling chip and the unit has dual HDMI 1.4a outputs that can divide and conquer between audio and video or even mirror outputs to two locations.
The BDP-93 also provides Dual HDMI outputs that enable the user to connect one HDMI output directly to a 3D-TV, while using the second HDMI output for connecting a separate audio feed to a pre-3D capable home theater receiver. It even includes a wireless-N adapter in addition to the built-in RJ45 Ethernet port, so users will be able to interact with BD-Live content, watch instant streaming programs from provides such as Netflix, Blockbuster etc., playback contents stored on their home network, and keep the BDP-93 up-to-date with firmware releases to ensure maximum Blu-ray compatibility.
- Blu-ray Disc - The high definition Blu-ray Disc format provides pristine video and audio quality for your home entertainment.
- Blu-ray 3D – Experience high definition in all new dimensions. The BDP-93 supports the new Blu-ray 3D specifications (3D television and glasses required).
- Netflix Instant Streaming Ready - Instantly watch movies streamed to your TV via the Internet connected OPPO Blu-ray Disc Player. (Unlimited membership required. US only)
- Blockbuster on Demand - The newest releases instantly from your couch! (Service available in the United States only)
- BD-Live & BonusVIEW - The BDP-93 supports BD-Live (Profile 2.0) and contains all necessary hardware - audio/video decoder, Ethernet and wireless networking, and 1GB of internal storage - for BD-Live. It also supports BonusVIEW (Profile 1.1) enabling "picture-in-picture" and audio features for viewing director or actor commentary while the main movie is playing.
- DVD-Audio - The BDP-93 plays DVD-Audio and supports both stereo and multi-channel high resolution audio programs. Users can select whether to play the DVD-Audio or the DVD-Video portion of the disc.
- SACD - The BDP-93 plays Super Audio CD (SACD) and supports both stereo and multi-channel high resolution audio programs. Users can select whether to output the DSD (Direct Stream Digital) signal in its native format or convert it into PCM.
- Additional Disc & Media Formats - Additional disc and file formats, such as DVD, audio CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, AVCHD, MP4, DivX, MKV, FLAC, WAV and other audio/video/picture files on recorded discs, USB or eSATA drives can be played back on the BDP-93.
- Qdeo by Marvell - The BDP-93 incorporates Marvell's Kyoto-G2 video processor with the second generation Qdeo technology. Qdeo video processing delivers a truly immersive viewing experience by rendering quiet natural video free of noise and artifacts for all types of content. For high-quality Blu-ray content, the BDP-93 faithfully reproduces the program just as the director intended; for DVD, the up-converted picture quality bridges the visual gap from your current DVD library to Blu-ray discs; for network streaming and user-encoded content at a variety of formats and quality, the BDP-93 offers enhancement options including video noise reduction, compression artifact reduction, intelligent color, contrast, detail and edge enhancements.
- DVD Up-Conversion - Per-pixel motion-adaptive de-interlacing and advanced scaling transform the standard definition image on DVDs to high definition output to your TV. Additional Qdeo video processing options help to deliver a clearer, smoother, and true-to-life picture free of noise and artifacts.
- True 24p Video - Many Blu-ray Discs are recorded at 24 frames per second, the same frame rate as the original movie's theatrical release. The BDP-93 can faithfully redeliver the original frames using 1080p 24Hz output (compatible display required) for smoother motion and a flicker-free, film-like home theater experience.
- Source Direct Mode - For users who wish to use an external video processor, high-end audio/video receiver or display, the BDP-93 offers a "Source Direct" mode. The original audio/video content on the discs is sent out with no additional processing or alteration.
- Dual HDMI v1.4a Outputs - Two assignable HDMI v1.4a outputs are provided to capitalize on the optimum audio and video settings to all old, new, and future HDMI televisions and receivers. With the option of full audio and video output to 2 displays; or dedicate one HDMI for audio, the other for video, it promotes a high quality video and audio for both signal paths. The BDP-93 supports 3D and Deep Color modes on both HDMI output ports.
For more information and the full suite of features and specs, check out the Oppo website.