Nero Digital MPEG-4 Compression Announced with AAC Audio Encoding
Nero Digital is the next generation in MPEG-4 compatible compression technology - with premium quality video coding algorithms and full High Efficiency AAC audio.
Realize audio and video in DVD quality at a fraction of the space!
- Premium quality video encoding algorithm
- Full High Efficiency AAC in MPEG audio
- Compatible with ISO/14496-2/3, MPEG-4
- Fully compatible with all MPEG-4 implementations
Nero Digital is the result of extensive co-development between Ahead Software and Ateme of France, one of the World leaders in video and signal processing. Both the video and audio encoders will be available for download soon.
Nero Digital Audio
The Nero Digital audio codec is built on Ahead's proven proficiency in AAC technology but goes much further with significant efficiency and quality enhancements. Now set to become a key core component of MPEG-4, High Efficiency AAC in MPEG audio is an incomparable bandwidth extension technique allowing bitrates to be considerably reduced with no definable quality loss.
Nero Digital Video
MPEG-4 is an open interoperable standard that is fast becoming the digital media format choice of the future. In fact MPEG-4 can be described as one single technology for a wide variety of different devices, e.g. computers, digital cameras, TV, DVD players, handheld PC, etc.
Designed for optimum compatibility with ISO/-14496-2/3, MPEG-4, Nero Digital has premium quality video coding algorithms and full High Efficiency AAC in MPEG audio.
With DVD quality at a fraction of the space, Nero Digital supports the most popular simple and advanced MPEG-4 visual profiles, and is compatible with all MPEG-4 implementations.
Nero Digital is the next generation in MPEG-4 compatible compression technology - with premium quality video coding algorithms and full High Efficiency AAC
- Encode multimedia with DVD quality at only 20% of the space! Nero Digital supports the most popular simple and advanced MPEG-4 visual profiles, and is compatible with Xvid and other MPEG-4 implementations.
- MPEG-4 Advanced Simple Profile video coding (4MV, B-Frames, QuarterPel, etc) with highest quality 1 and 2-pass Variable Bit Rate (VBR) as well as constant bit rate (CBR) for streaming purposes.
- Psycho-visual distortion control model, highest possible PSNR - Sophisticated masking and noise estimation model is included in Nero Digital - for each frame it computes what parts of an image are significant for a viewer and allocates bits accordingly. This model is also responsible for the highest possible quality on variable bit rate (VBR) streams.
- Support for the latest, MPEG-4 High Efficiency AAC profile - this offers the highest possible audio quality at bit-rates as low as 64k, 48k or even 32 Kb/s! - In fact CD quality stereo is possible at 48 Kb/s, or 33 hours of high quality music on one CD!
- State of the art psychoacoustic audio model, for highest possible sound experience.
- Designed for Embedded market for the future high quality CE devices.
Click here for MPEG-4 basics from the Nero Technology website.
About Nero Digital
Nero Digital is the premier technology for audio and video compression standards available to date.
Compatible with MPEG-4 Video and MPEG-4 High Efficiency AAC, Nero Digital will offer you high quality surround sound and high definition images for your home entertainment theater. Check out the Trailers and you'll see what we mean.
In addition, Nero Digital will soon be available on such consumer electronics as handheld devices, portable CD/DVD players, etc. Look out for the Nero Digital logo. Visit http://www.nerodigital.com/en/index.html for more information.
About Ahead Software
Ahead Software is the technology leader in CD and DVD recording solutions. Headquartered in Karlsbad, Germany, with a subsidiary located in Glendale, California, Ahead has a global customer base including manufacturers, OEMs, distributors and retail partners.
Nero Burning ROM along with Nero Express is the world's premier CD/DVD application software. Related products include InCD, NeroVision Express, Nero ShowTime. Nero Digital is the most complete MPEG-4 audio and video compression technology available to date, including state-of-the-art audio with MPEG-4 High Efficiency AAC.
Ahead Software is a member of the MPEG-4 Industry Forum and takes part in M4IF's interoperability tests.