Coby Kyros MID7015 Android Tablet Preview
Coby has introduced a budget-minded Android tablet, the Kyros MID7015. Coby is known for making very inexpensive products and selling them in various retail stores to consumers looking for rock bottom prices on value-oriented electronics. This is, as far as we know, their first Android product - and it shows just how pervasive Android is getting in the marketplace. The tablet features a seven-inch 800x480 display and 4GB of internal memory. You can add additional storage through the use of a standard microSD card. The Android 2.1 platform is powered by an 800MHz processor. Because of the more advanced features of Android 2.1, the system is capable of HDMI output in 1080p and 720p resolutions provided the hardware cooperates.
The Kyros is just the newest of many budget Android tablets showing up on the market before Christmas. The group of Android tablets includes the Maylong iPad clone ($100) and the Augen tablet ($150). The Kyros specs also closely match the CherryPad America tablet, which sells for $188.
- Large 7” Resistive Touchscreen
- Connect to the Internet wirelessly
- Browse the web and check e-mail
- Watch videos on YouTube
- Integrated flash memory
- Built-in 4GB internal memory
- microSD card slot(upgrade up to 16GB)
- Connect and enjoy Full 1080p on your HDTV via a HDMI cable
- Discover and download apps to play games, check the weather, listen to the radio, and more with AppsLib
- Download and read thousands of books with the included Aldiko E-book reader application
- View pages in portrait or landscape with automatic orientation detection
- Full-size USB connection enables keyboard of your tablet
- USB 2.0 Hi-speed for fast file transfers
- Rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- CPU Type: Telechips TTC8902
- CPU Speed: 800 MHz
- Memory Type: Flash
- Memory Max: Built-in 4GB/Expandable up to 16GB
- Display Size: 7"
- Display Type: Resistive Touch
- Display Resolution: 800 x 480
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- WLAN Type: WiFi 802.11 b/g
- Audio Input Mic
- Audio Output: 3.5mm headphone & Built-in Speaker
- Video Output: High Speed HDMI, type C (mini), Supports 1080p and 720p
- USB Port: Full-size USB host (for keyboard)
- Text Format Support: ePub format
- Additional Functions: Compatible with Microsoft® Windows® XP, Vista, 7 or higher and Mac OS or Linux in mass storage mode
- OSD Menu Languages: English (U.S), French (France), German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Korean, Japanese, Russian
- OS Support: Android 2.1
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Li-poly battery
- Battery Capacity: 3200mA
- Unit Dimension (WHD): 0.48" x 7.5" x 4.75"
- Unit Weight: 0.9 lbs
The Kyros is now available at retailers for a suggested price of $250.
It's fast with tegra 2 and android 2.2, 7 hours battery life streaming movies) front facing camera, full flash based websites, android market, (yes free angry birds on a 10" screen!) usb input (supports thumb drives and recognizes network storage), LAN port and hdmi out with docking station, bluetooth, (yes a bluetooth gps works!!) plus, when thinkflood releases android version for it's redeye mini early next year, you have a killer universal remote.