Vizio M-Series Razer and Ultra HD Smart LED TVs
- Product Name: Ultra HD Smart LED TVs
- Manufacturer: VIZIO
- Review Date: January 07, 2013 23:00
- First Impression: Pretty Cool
Vizio revealed its expanded 2013 HDTV collection today, but we were particularly impressed by the all-new line of M-Series Razor LED Smart TVs. These have an elegant, modern ultra-slim bezel and razor-thin profile. Vizio showed its first Ultra High Definition TV (4K2K), as part of the brand’s flagship XVT-Series, as well as the all-new, all-LED2 E-Series line which features a sleek, slim-frame design and advanced Smart TV features and Theater 3D. Vizio's models now span sizes from 22” to 80”.
The new M-Series Razor LED Smart TVs come in sizes ranging from 32” (M321i) to 80” (M801d). The ultra-thin bezels of the M-Series virtually vanish next to the near edge-to-edge glass screen. These are a far cry from the Vizio displays of days past. Vizio’s new M-Series Razor LED TVs feature advanced local dimming, and a 240Hz refresh rate with Smooth Motion for the 50” and larger models. They also have a brighter, flicker-free Theater 3D mode that is accompanied by (included) lightweight, battery-free glasses. All of the new M-Series units offer Vizio Internet Apps (V.I.A.) with features like Amazon Instant Video, Crackle, Facebook, Hulu Plus, M-Go, Netflix, Pandora, VUDU, YouTube and more. A new convenience feature for 2013, Vizio’s M-Series models will also include Wi-Fi Direct universal remote controls with backlit keys, providing an intuitive way to control the entire home theater without nagging codes and programming.
In addition to an enhanced line of M-Series Razor LED Smart HDTVs, Vizio will also be unveiling its first Ultra HDTVs with four-times the resolution of Full HD 1080p. Vizio will launch the 55” (XVT551d), 65” (XVT651d) and 70” (XVT701d) Ultra HD units later this year, making it one of the first technology innovators to bring the expensive new technology to mainstream consumers.
Featuring the same sleek, industrial design of Vizio’s new M-Series line, the new XVT-Series screen size classes of 55”, 65” and 70” Ultra HDTVs also boast an ultra-slim frame and Razor LED technology.
While the M- and XVT-Series will be unveiled at CES and available later in the year, Vizio’s popular entry-level E-Series line-up is available now. Merging picture quality with value, the E-Series HDTVs retail with large screen sizes of 70” (E701i), 65” (E650i), 60” (E601i) and 55” (E551i), as well as smaller units in 50” (E500i and E500d), 42” (E420d), 39” (E390i), 29” (E291i), 24” (E241i) and 22” (E221) available to consumers. The sleek, slim-frame LED product line offers advanced local dimming technology on 42” screens and above, SRS StudioSound HD, and DTS technology.
The M-Series units will be available later this year and additional details on the XVT-Series Ultra HD Razor LED Smart TVs with Theater 3D will be announced closer to commercial availability.
Vizio M-Series Razor LED Smart TVs
- 32” Razor LED Smart TV (M321i) – $399.99 Retail Price
- 40” Razor LED Smart TV (M401i) – $529.99 Retail Price
- 47” Razor LED Smart TV (M471i) – $699.99 Retail Price
Vizio M-Series Razor LED Smart TVs w/Theater 3D
- 50” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M501d) – $849.99 Retail Price
- 55” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M551d) – $1,199.99 Retail Price
- 60” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M601d) – $1,599.99 Retail Price
- 65” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M651d) – $1,999.99 Retail Price
- 70” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M701d) – $2,499.99 Retail Price
- 80” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M801d) – $4,499.99 Retail Price
Vizio XVT-Series Ultra HD Razor LED Smart TVs w/Theater 3D
- 55” Ultra HD Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (XVT551d) – To be announced closer to product availability
- 65” Ultra HD Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (XVT651d) – To be announced closer to product availability
- 70” Ultra HD Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (XVT701d) – To be announced closer to product availability
Vizio E-Series Razor LED TV
- 22” Razor LED TV (E221) – $159.99 Retail Price
Vizio E-Series Razor LED Smart TVs
- 24” Razor LED Smart TV (E241i) – $199.99 Retail Price
- 29” Razor LED Smart TV (E291i) – $259.99 Retail Price
- 40” Razor LED Smart TV (E401i) – $529.99 Retail Price
- 55” Razor LED Smart TV (E551i) – $879.99 Retail Price
- 60” Razor LED Smart TV (E601i) – $999.99 Retail Price
- 70” Razor LED Smart TV (E701i) – $1,999.99 Retail Price
Vizio E-Series LED TVs
- 32” LED TV (E320) – $269.99 Retail Price
- 37” LED TV (E370) – $349.99 Retail Price
- 42” LED TV (E420) – $449.99 Retail Price
- 47” LED TV (E470) – $549.99 Retail Price
Vizio E-Series LED Smart TV
- 32” LED Smart TV (E320i) – $299.99 Retail Price
- 39” LED Smart TV (E390i) – $399.99 Retail Price
- 42” LED Smart TV (E420i) – $499.99 Retail Price
- 47” LED Smart TV (E470i) – $599.99 Retail Price
- 50” LED Smart TV (E500i) – $699.99 Retail Price
- 65” LED Smart TV (E650i) – $1,299.99 Retail Price
Vizio E-Series LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D
- 42” LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (E420d) – $529.99 Retail Price
- 50” LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (E500d) – $729.99 Retail Price
Unless otherwise indicated, this is a preview article for the featured product. A formal review may or may not follow in the future.