Ready to Play CD Ripping Service
by Clint DeBoer — April 18, 2005
Supported Encoding Formats
- Flexible, convenient service for custom installers and consumers
- Multiple target formats available including MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, OGG, and WMA.
- Multiple storage options including MP3 players, external hard drives, or DVDs
- Cambridge SoundWorks in store option not available in many states
- Plan ahead, as standard turn time involves ground shipping two ways
We hear from a lot of custom installers at Audioholics. This may be due in part to our coverage of trade shows and it might be due to the many articles we have written on select CEDIA classes. In either case, there is a common issue that needs to be dealt with when installing the ever-more-popular music server systems: getting the music onto the hard drives for playback. While a majority of these systems feature easy loading and digitization procedures, the simple fact remains that neither the client nor the installer wants to go through the hassle of encoding hundreds of CDs. Enter ReadyToPlay. Founded in 2003, this Silicon Valley company saw a growing need for digitization services to help a rapidly-expanding market for home audio distribution and music server systems.
Like This? Check out our other AV Gadget Reviews!
Confused about what AV Gear to buy or how to set it up? Join our Exclusive Audioholics E-Book Membership Program!