DYMO Industrial Colored Labels Preview
DYMO Industrial is a company that any custom installer will know in an instant. Earlier this year we reviewed their 5200 label maker and their flagship DYMO Rhino 6000 labeler. At CEDIA they release their new QWERTY 4200 labeler and also a host of new labels. DYMO is part of Newell Rubbermaid’s Technology global business unit, and so introducing a ton of new labels in a variety of colors and applications isn't all that surprising. The new labels, like their existing assortment, are made from UL-recognized materials, and come in colors and widths that meet certain OSHA, ANSI, ISO and/or other standards. Designed to work exclusively with DYMO Rhino labeling tools, the labels are distributed from an easy-to-load cartridge and with a split-back design so they can be peeled and applied quickly and easily. Most importantly, DYMO's industrial-strength adhesives resist moisture and extreme temperatures so the labels won’t curl or fall off. Thermal transfer printing also means DYMO labels won’t smudge, smear or fade.
The new line of DYMO Industrial labels were designed specifically to enable professional installers to get labeling jobs done quickly and accurately. DYMO says they carefully designed and thoroughly tested the labels both on the jobsite and in the lab to insure installers had the toughest, most versatile, quality labels possible.DYMO Industrial labels are available in six materials:
- Flexible Nylon –conforms and sticks tightly to wires, cables, curved and textured surfaces. Tear-proof material resists damage when pulled through tight spaces or conduits.
- Permanent Polyester – features a polished finish on professional-looking labels for panels, faceplates, shelves, bins, beams, patch panels, blocks and more. Available in smaller widths that fit most distribution panel surfaces.
- Indoor/Outdoor Vinyl – offers moisture, chemical and UV resistance, making them ideal for labeling indoors and outdoors, in general and extreme conditions. Available in the widest range of colors that adhere to OSHA, ANSI and ISO color standards.
- Heat-Shrink Tube – prints directly on heat-shrink tubes, with a 3:1 shrink ratio that ensures a secure fit on premium wires and cables.
- Non-Adhesive Tag – slides into racks or faceplates that do not require adhesive. Made from polyester for increased durability.
- Self-Laminating – protects printed area from exposure to oil, solvents, water and abrasion when applied to wires and cables.
The labels come in a variety of widths (1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”, 3/4” and 1”) so anything is possible. In addition, all labels are RoHS compliant. These new labels seem perfect for electrical and maintenance facilities, data communication installations as well as audio/video and security needs.
For more information on all DYMO Industrial label types, please visit www.dymo.com/industrial.
Unless otherwise indicated, this is a preview article for the featured product. A formal review may or may not follow in the future.
Confused about what AV Gear to buy or how to set it up? Join our Exclusive Audioholics E-Book Membership Program!