Help me choose Sony 85 X80k vs TCL 85 Q6 QLED

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys TVs have gotten to affordable for me to go with projectors anymore in my bedroom setup

I like immersion but I don't want to lug a 98 inch TV upstairs

I feel 85 would be the sweet spot for me

Best Buy is selling the Sony for 1000 the TCL for 900.

Im wondering which of these 2 TVs would be better I don't want top of the line model for the bedroom but I don't want a bottom of the barrel model either

The room is very light controlled kept very dark I'm at 13 feet viewing distance will be straight on for viewing so viewing angles is not an issue

Thank you for your help

Dan

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'd probably go with Sony over TCL simply because Sony is going to have a higher quality panel. With brands like TCL, you sorta play the panel lottery. I did that with Vizio, and won't ever again.

I have one LCD tv that I watch, and it's an older Sony. It still looks and works great after 6 or so years.

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
I'd probably go with Sony over TCL simply because Sony is going to have a higher quality panel. With brands like TCL, you sorta play the panel lottery. I did that with Vizio, and won't ever again.

I have one LCD tv that I watch, and it's an older Sony. It still looks and works great after 6 or so years.
Sony suppose to have the best reliability. +1 on your recommendation, like you I've put off spending more on a quality T V. I've tried Vizio, Hisense lately and your absolutely correct It's a crap shoot with the panels.
As I post this my Hisense 65 U6G has been buggy from jump, plus now it has develop a dark spot on the left side of the screen. 3+ years old maybe less. Next TV, will be a Sony. Their new line just came out Bavaria 7 maybe the 8.

@Danzilla31 my oldest Son has two Sony TV's one 65" he got back in 2015 in his HT setup never has had an issue with it. The other he gave to his Son, it's a 40" it's close to 12 years old.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
TCL is not a top tier manufacturer. That's why they're cheaper. Even though they have the tech specs, their panels are not as good.

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Here's a photo of that dark spot that developed over the last week. TV will be 3 years old this coming August. These Hisense models came out in 2020, I purchase this T V from Amazon back in August of 2021. But like I've stated in my other post, has been buggy since jump since I first got it, it's still buggy. So now that this model has been out for a few years, many issues are starting to be reported by consumers. I can't recommend the Hisense brand.

Hisense 65" U6G
thumbnail_IMG_0657.jpg

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have plenty of friends who use the Hisence U8 models, but none for three years. One just purchased the 98in one, I hope his fate is not the same. All my TVs are Sony, with the exception of a Samsung in my fitness room. It was formerly my office but moved that to the 1st floor xtra room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis