Help with speakers for my final 2 channel bedroom setup

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
$2k sounds like a pretty sweet deal for all of that gear. Let us know how it works out.
Thanks! it was just too good to turn down I'll definitely start a thread once I get them up and running!!!!

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I can't have too good of a system in my bedroom. I have two budget DIY speakers (Paul Carmody's Classix2) and they keep me in bed too late as it is. I should have started my laundry 3 hrs ago but the good songs kept coming. Now I have wasted half the day.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
How'd you get the center up there is there? What's it sitting on? Beaut setup.
That's the sellers setup. I'll post you pictures on my setup in the room with the speakers when I get them. I'm picking them up tommorow.

I bought a special stand that will lift the TV just over the center it should be here by tomorrow. Ugggghh I can't wait for tommorow!!!!!!! :mad:

:D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I can't have too good of a system in my bedroom. I have two budget DIY speakers (Paul Carmody's Classix2) and they keep me in bed too late as it is. I should have started my laundry 3 hrs ago but the good songs kept coming. Now I have wasted half the day.
I love that I do the same thing I'll just lay their and let the music take me with it until I start nodding off.

Like you that can take a couple hours for me as well :D

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I love that I do the same thing I'll just lay their and let the music take me with it until I start nodding off.

Like you that can take a couple hours for me as well :D
Last time I had looked at my phone it was 8:30 am and thought I had plenty of time to just lay there. .. next time I looked it was pushing 11! This happens a lot. If the system in my bedroom was as good as my main system, I'd probably have bed sores by now.

The last couple months I have taken to falling asleep listening to smooth jazz but very quietly. When I wake up it's still on but then something good comes on and I'm turning it up little by little until it's pretty loud, and this with just a pair of 6.5" two way full range bookshelf type with an F3 into the mid 30s. The tweeter ( Vifa BC25TG15 ) is no slouch either and it's ability to pleasantly expose all the little details is half of what lures me into these now frequent, horizontal listening sessions.

Only difference is, I have mine on the end my head is on playing at me like headphones (bedphones?) with my head centered between them and they are 7.5 ft apart. When I put them on the opposite end, it created a rather unpleasant bass mode right at my headboard, unless I turned the bass almost all the way down. This way here I get that great phantom center and the bass is somehow just right.

I am sure you will have a lot of fun with the new system and congrats on the good score.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Man just got back and unloaded everything

The seller was awesome great guy everything was boxed in original packages

I got 4 bookshelves
2 dual 10 subs
2 towers
1 center channel
All in red burl

He gave me 4 speaker stands
Extra speaker wire all finished with banana plugs already the speaker stands are already pre wired!!!!

And a Denon Reciever 7.2 not the newest but still recent enough it will work just fine

All for 2k!!!!!! Insane good deal!!!!

I can't wait to show you guys pics!!!!!

I'm at I-Hop right now tho I'm hungry!!!!!!

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic

I got 4 bookshelves
2 dual 10 subs
2 towers
1 center channel
All in red burl

Extra speaker wire all finished with banana plugs already the speaker stands are already pre wired!!!!

And a Denon Reciever 7.2 not the newest but still recent enough it will work just fine

Nicely done Dan.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The photos don't even do them justice he kept them in overall great condition. They look fantastic can't wait to see how they sound

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nice looking speakers, you did well just on those I think.....what's the Denon model?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Nice looking speakers, you did well just on those I think.....what's the Denon model?
denon avr-2313ci 7.2 channel

It's an older model he threw in with the package it still works and should work fine for my bedroom

If not I have that Marantz MkII pre pro I can pull out buy another power amp for it and run them with that. Whichever solution works I'll just flip the other one for cheap get a little of my money back

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
denon avr-2313ci 7.2 channel

It's an older model he threw in with the package it still works and should work fine for my bedroom

If not I have that Marantz MkII pre pro I can pull out buy another power amp for it and run them with that. Whichever solution works I'll just flip the other one for cheap get a little of my money back
I'd think it'd be fine for your bedroom, altho might depend on your display somewhat, I'd worry more about it in that respect than the audio.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

I got 4 bookshelves
2 dual 10 subs
2 towers
1 center channel
All in red burl

You should go to jail for theft!!!
Just think though, you could get a new totally awesome IW sub from svs for the same money. Hmmmmmm
Honestly though, great score.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis