NHT Classic 2 Speaker System Review
- Product Name: Classic 2
- Manufacturer: NHT
- Performance Rating:
- Value Rating:
- Review Date: December 07, 2006 12:10
- MSRP: $ 1,700 - $2,200
Two-way bookshelf. 6.5" polypropylene cone woofer, 1" aluminum dome tweeter. 12.7 lbs
Absolute Zero: Two-way bookshelf. 5.25" polypropylene cone woofer, 1" aluminum dome tweeter. 8 lbs.
Two C: Three-way center channel. 2 x 5.25" aluminum cone woofers. 2" aluminum dome mid-range and ¾" tweeter pod.
Ten: Vented 150W Powered Subwoofer. 10" long throw aluminum cone woofer. 41 lbs.
Freq Response 51 Hz - 20kHz, Crossover Freq 3 kHz, Crossover Slopes 18dB HP, 18dB LP, Sensitivity 86dB ([email protected]), Impedance 6 Ohms nominal
Absolute Zero: Freq Response 71 Hz-20kHz, Crossover Freq 3kHz, Crossover Slopes 18dB LP, 18dB HP, Sensitivity 86dB ([email protected]), Impedance 6 ohms nominal
Two C: Freq Response 78Hz - 20 kHz, Crossover Freq 800 Hz, 3.2kHz, Crossover Slopes 12dB LP, 12dB HP, 18dB LP, 18dB HP, Sensitivity 87dB, Impedance 8 ohms nominal
Classic Ten Sub:
Freq Response 31 Hz - 180 Hz +/- 3dB, Crossover Freq 40Hz - 140Hz adjustable low pass, Crossover Slopes 12dB/octave high pass, 12dB/octave low pass, Phase 0/180 degrees switch
- NHT hits a home run in build quality with arguably the nicest designed, most sturdy cabinets in the business.
- Two C is a true three way center channel speaker, rare in this price range.
- Improved acoustic design over Super Audio series provides more detailed mid/highs and greater dispersion.
- So many different drivers mean speakers in this system may not be the perfect match for each other.
- NHT Ten Subwoofer requires a smaller room to provide LFE at impact volume levels.
- Classic Two 5.1 system suffers from Jan Brady syndrome. In between two more practical 5.1 systems in the Classic Zero and Classic Three.
Confused about what AV Gear to buy or how to set it up? Join our Exclusive Audioholics E-Book Membership Program!