What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
My gandson, daughter, and son-inlaw were driven to the airport at 4:30am by your's truly. They left me with my grandson's cold as a going away present. :rflmao: . My voice sounds like I'm going through 2nd puberty despite being 62.

I did a grocery run and bought the dogs a couple of jew toys. Here's Bear trying to dig the treats out of his. Hopefully, he wont have any seizures while staying with me.

View attachment 66737View attachment 66738
May want to check your spelling.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
My gandson, daughter, and son-inlaw were driven to the airport at 4:30am by your's truly. They left me with my grandson's cold as a going away present. :rflmao: . My voice sounds like I'm going through 2nd puberty despite being 62.

I did a grocery run and bought the dogs a couple of chew toys. Here's Bear trying to dig the treats out of his. Hopefully, he wont have any seizures while staying with me.

View attachment 66737View attachment 66738
Nice looking dog. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My black STI hatch is officially totaled due to water damage as of yesterday. I had posted it a few weeks ago in boring stuff thread; some dude backed into a hydrant in our parking lot at work and flooded it. Waiting on insurance to make an, undoubtedly low, offer.
Well, I can't believe it. The insurance actually offered me a very fair price, almost what I was asking as my sale price. The buyback is low too, so I will be buying it to part out or sell. There are some very rare Japan STI suspension parts on it. Then I can start looking for the next car.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Well, I can't believe it. The insurance actually offered me a very fair price, almost what I was asking as my sale price. The buyback is low too, so I will be buying it to part out or sell. There are some very rare Japan STI suspension parts on it. Then I can start looking for the next car.
Great to hear that good things can happen to good people. If those Calipers would fit my car, I would be reaching out.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Great to hear that good things can happen to good people. If those Calipers would fit my car, I would be reaching out.
You should see the calipers and rotors on my other car :D

6 pot front, 4 pot rear. It is time to do the fronts and that is going to cost me a pretty penny. The bolts alone required for the rings now cost about 5x what they did originally; about $150 just for those. Besides the ridiculous stopping power, the other benefit is they lasted about 9 years.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Band-Maid 10th Anniversary Yokohama concert blue-ray arrived from Japan. Includes a photo-book and blue-ray documentary of behind the scenes tour footage. I've seen these ladies live twice and they really know how to rock the house!
BM_10th_Anniv_Yokohama.jpg

I'll sneak in a number from the show too. ;) (Subtitled lyrics if you turn on CC.)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Two more of these, to add to the 4 that my son and I installed last weekend. We had an incident where someone pounded on our front door and ran. Unnerving, my wife finally asked for security cameras. I wanted them 2 years ago.

Hardwired, rugged. Good phone app so I can monitor, and no subscription fees.
1000006247.jpg

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Jethro Tull Living in the Past mobile fidelity 2 CD set used. Took a lot of hunting online to find a decent set at a reasonable price. Now it’s time to listen!

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
This morning I purchased from Nugs the ALACs of 16 Dead and Company concerts from Nov 2017 to Feb 2018.

Dead and Co Fall 2017.jpg

What a process is it so make these ready for gulping into iTunes! It's kinda fun but also very time consuming

• Download the Zip folders one at a time.
  • Save the Album art from Nugs one at a time
  • Extract the Zip folders
  • Rename the extracted folders from "Nugsnet_Archive(1), (2) (3) - (16) to the date and location of the concert like "2017_11_12 Madison Square Garden" It sure would be nice if the Zip folders were named with the date and location to begin with.
  • Then the really time comsuming part is to rename all 289 songs from for example "deadco171112d1_01_Shakedown_Street,M4A" to simply "1_01_Shakedown_Street,M4A" It sure would be nice if the song files didn't have the deadco171112d, etc... part. I suppose it ensures that the files are correct but what a time sink!

After all that Import into iTunes

• Check all the Album names that they are correct and often they aren't.
  • Drop the Album art into each folder
  • Rename the JPG art file to Folder.jpg
  • Reload the album art because sometimes the album art doesn't carry over to BluOS and Android based Power Amp if I don't reload the album art

• Convert the ALACs to standard 32 bit rate to same space on my phone for Android Auto.
  • Save the ALACs to my Fiio player
  • Make 3 backup of the computer
  • Copy the AAC 320's to separate portable music backups on my 3 USB drives

It's a day's worth of work but kinda fun.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
This morning I purchased from Nugs the ALACs of 16 Dead and Company concerts from Nov 2017 to Feb 2018.

View attachment 66832

What a process is it so make these ready for gulping into iTunes! It's kinda fun but also very time consuming

• Download the Zip folders one at a time.
  • Save the Album art from Nugs one at a time
  • Extract the Zip folders
  • Rename the extracted folders from "Nugsnet_Archive(1), (2) (3) - (16) to the date and location of the concert like "2017_11_12 Madison Square Garden" It sure would be nice if the Zip folders were named with the date and location to begin with.
  • Then the really time comsuming part is to rename all 289 songs from for example "deadco171112d1_01_Shakedown_Street,M4A" to simply "1_01_Shakedown_Street,M4A" It sure would be nice if the song files didn't have the deadco171112d, etc... part. I suppose it ensures that the files are correct but what a time sink!

After all that Import into iTunes

• Check all the Album names that they are correct and often they aren't.
  • Drop the Album art into each folder
  • Rename the JPG art file to Folder.jpg
  • Reload the album art because sometimes the album art doesn't carry over to BluOS and Android based Power Amp if I don't reload the album art

• Convert the ALACs to standard 32 bit rate to same space on my phone for Android Auto.
  • Save the ALACs to my Fiio player
  • Make 3 backup of the computer
  • Copy the AAC 320's to separate portable music backups on my 3 USB drives

It's a day's worth of work but kinda fun.
A labor of love. I understand you don’t stream but suggest you checkout the Relisten app If you haven’t already. A fellow Deadhead turned me onto it. It has all the Dead and Dead and company concerts. Plus a lot of other bands. Easy listening.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Worlds Best Cable Canare 1.5-foot RCA interconnect cable for $18 to replace the cable that came with my WIIM Pro Plus. I know a lot of you guys make your own cables, but I don't, and it seems like a good price for a well made cable.

Attachments

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Worlds Best Cable Canare 1.5-foot RCA interconnect cable for $18 to replace the cable that came with my WIIM Pro Plus. I know a lot of you guys make your own cables, but I don't, and it seems like a good price for a well made cable.
Worlds best cables are excellent products I use them in most of my system and use canare 4S11 speaker cables in my front stage I built them on my own . I’d love to build my own rca’s but my soldering skills are not that good on small ends so I buy them from there Amazon page at really good prices and you can get them built with anything you may want . Couldn’t quite make out what cable they used here on these .

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Band-Maid 10th Anniversary Yokohama concert blue-ray arrived from Japan. Includes a photo-book and blue-ray documentary of behind the scenes tour footage. I've seen these ladies live twice and they really know how to rock the house!
View attachment 66813

I'll sneak in a number from the show too. ;) (Subtitled lyrics if you turn on CC.)
Baby Metal is here this month. Too busy or I might have gone.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Worlds best cables are excellent products I use them in most of my system and use canare 4S11 speaker cables in my front stage I built them on my own . I’d love to build my own rca’s but my soldering skills are not that good on small ends so I buy them from there Amazon page at really good prices and you can get them built with anything you may want . Couldn’t quite make out what cable they used here on these .
I became a fan of Worlds Best Cables, after doing much research, when helping out a Buddy get his system to stop blowing up his expensive Audio Research REF600 Monoblock Amplifiers (See Need a little advice on some AR Mono Block Amplifiers...and Speaker wires )

I got him to dump the CV Terminator Twin MH-770 Speaker Cables as aged (and leaky Voodoo), and I used a 3 Worlds Best Cables Directional Quad High-Definition Audio Interconnect Cable Pairs – Using Mogami 2534 Wire and Eminence Gold Locking RCA Connectors to replace all the MIT Interconnect Cables. He's had no issues since the swap was completed. If you are looking for very good interconnects, these are on the top of my list.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Baby Metal is here this month. Too busy or I might have gone.
I have a couple of their CDs and a concert blue-ray from a few years ago, but Band-Maid is more in-line with my taste in music to be honest. Unlike Baby Metal, Band-Maid played in 2,000 seat halls or smaller when in the U.S. so you could get close to the band. They have a pretty hard core following so always a great show. Lots of mobile phone video from the last couple of tours on YouTube.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis