Vintage Bell&Howell 185

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Nope, I will keep looking.
I dont take the easy way out and rather restore than adapt.
I highly doubt you will find them. So if you want a perfect restoration, you will have to have them made custom. With computer 3D printing that should be possible. I bet there are shops that could do it. I know for certain there are in the Twin Cities.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
My thought as well. Some plastics can be turned on a lathe (for the inner part of the connector). Have to be careful on the type though. Phenolic plastics can release formaldehyde and PVC can release chlorine when machined. An acrylic rod might be safest. I have phenolic rods in my shop and my father used to machine them. The finish was quite good. 3D printing won't produce as a nice a finish but it could be polished up afterwards. The tricky part would be making and inserting a brass ferule into each hole for the contacts. Some vintage B+H speakers with the matching plug might turn up at auction was well.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Nope, I will keep looking.
I dont take the easy way out and rather restore than adapt.
On thinking about this, I suspect they did not use Amphenol speaker connectors but Amphenol mic connectors.

These have not been made for a very long time.

There is some new old stock here.

If that is not the right one, then it must have been a custom production job, and you will never find them, and you will have to move on.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
On thinking about this, I suspect they did not use Amphenol speaker connectors but Amphenol mic connectors.

These have not been made for a very long time.

There is some new old stock here.

If that is not the right one, then it must have been a custom production job, and you will never find them, and you will have to move on.
How about this:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis