Advice on Epson pro cinema 10500

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I have the option of purchasing a used Epson 10500 laser projector that only has 1286 hours on the laser for $2500. It used to retail for like $7500 so that's $5000 off.

There will not be a warranty however. Is this a good deal I figure I can flip my 6050 and cover a big chunk of the price

But is it worth it though? Would there be a justifiable improvement?

Is it better then the 6050? Or would I be better off just waiting and buying the new LS12000 down the road?

Maybe @AcuDefTechGuy or @BMXTRIX could help me out here

If anyone has any feedback I'd greatly appreciate it

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The old Epson only has 1500 Lumens and old HDMI version vs 2700 Lumens and new HDMI, to name a few.

No contest. :D

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I'm with @AcuDefTechGuy on this one. The older model was solid, but has been significantly upgraded upon. The best direction, really, from a high end Epson is to go to something like a JVC model. Or, yes, at the very least, the LS12000 or whatever comes along later.

I expect in a couple of years, we may be far closer to $3,000 for the laser driven models that are near the quality of the LS12000 is at right now. Hopefully JVC will get their head out of their butt and put a laser in their lowest tier LCoS model and that will likely be THE way to go if budget allows for it.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm with @AcuDefTechGuy on this one. The older model was solid, but has been significantly upgraded upon. The best direction, really, from a high end Epson is to go to something like a JVC model. Or, yes, at the very least, the LS12000 or whatever comes along later.

I expect in a couple of years, we may be far closer to $3,000 for the laser driven models that are near the quality of the LS12000 is at right now. Hopefully JVC will get their head out of their butt and put a laser in their lowest tier LCoS model and that will likely be THE way to go if budget allows for it.
Great thanks for the feedback guys much appreciated

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis