everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
VPI Aries 3, Benz Micro 'Gulwing' . Phono-pre is a a Fosgate Signature.

FWIW, I've gotten some more positive feedback on the WiiM Pro Plus, thks again !
The Pro Plus is great and works as roon endpoint, the non Plus isn't horrible either....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This is for my 2 channel rig, shown below........

View attachment 67406

as you can see it's a basic source > pre > amp. My SACD player, a Marantz 'Ruby' has IMO a good DAC. So, from there I go ............
With my old 2ch system I use an Audio Chromecast to stream to it from a phone, tablet or computer over wifi. Too bad they took those off the market, quite a good deal for updating old gear with a $15 dongle.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I’m curious when I see these Network Streamer components from places like Cambridge or Rose or Naim. They’re usually priced well over $1k and I’m not sure I understand the point. Most modern AVRs or streaming devices like Roku or AppleTV all contain the same apps for Tidal/Qobuz/Spotify/whatever, so what do these devices add and why are they necessary? I guess if you’re running a 2 ch system and don’t have the AVR it might make sense, but even then you can get a Sonos Port for ~ $500 that does the same thing (I’m sure there are probably cheaper alternatives that I’m forgetting to). Are these just appealing to people with money to burn or is there something I’m missing?
over $1k wow that’s a. Lot for a Streamer, I don’t understand why anyone buys them?
Special features ??

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
My oldest son is trying his best to get me up to speed inso far as streaming. I have none, only SACD/CD and LP playback. One of his recommendations is this one ...........

any others of comparable quality I should consider ?
Did you eventually decide on a streamer for your (excellent) 2 channel system? FYI I was hesitant to purchase a streamer for years since I knew nothing about them. When I bought the WIMM Pro Plus I just downloaded the app to my phone, connected it to my 2-channel receiver with RCA cables, then did a search with my Android phone to connect. Finally did a search on Amazon Music since I have Prime and started selecting playlists or artists. Way easier than I thought it would be.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Did you eventually decide on a streamer for your (excellent) 2 channel system? FYI I was hesitant to purchase a streamer for years since I knew nothing about them. When I bought the WIMM Pro Plus I just downloaded the app to my phone, connected it to my 2-channel receiver with RCA cables, then did a search with my Android phone to connect. Finally did a search on Amazon Music since I have Prime and started selecting playlists or artists. Way easier than I thought it would be.
He's out of the country on vacation.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis