WAIT! BEFORE you sell any of your audio components...

• Thread starter Critical Listener
  • Start date
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
perhaps now that he's been 'discovered' he'll go MIA here, no great loss. His pottery biz must be rather poor if he has to try and peddle his 'audio goo' ........

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
If it is giving a 50% increase in SQ, then you should be selling for at least $10000000000000. Can I put it in my ears and gain 50% increase in hearing too? Will it make my car go 50% faster and use 50% less gas?

How about 100% FOS :rolleyes:

The label appears to be missing. Nowhere on that bottle does it say Blinker Fluid.
I don't think I would recommend putting it in your ears- I can imagine the effect would end up with "It burns! It burns!!!!!!!"

Attachments

highfigh

highfigh

Again, what's required is that you use the product in your system which means every non-soldered connection. It means removing the speaker drivers and putting a drop of fluid on the connections. You would put fluid on the exterior AND interior connections of your speaker's binding posts. Same with the ends of your interconnects, speaker cables, and where they plug in. I've treated the pins of my phono cartridge with great result. If you've owned your equipment for several years, it absolutely needs this treatment.
Maybe it's time to be a critical thinker.

WRT "His exact words were: "The sound quality is improved by fifty percent." "- sounds like someone I worked for- when he would be selling something, it was always some percentage better and there's no way to prove that unless it has been tested, objectively. Listening is subjective, so putting a number on it is just not plausible.

I'm not saying that oxidized connections don't cause the sound to degrade, but this looks like WD40, there's no way to know what's in it and using 'Miracle' in the name doesn't help his credibility.

What's next, Unicorn Hoof Polish?

C

Critical Listener

Audiophyte
Connections at your speakers' crossovers should be treated as well. So who among you has the courage to accept a bottle of Miracle Audio Contact Fluid for free? I only ask that you use it in an A/B manner(listening before and after), and applying it to as many connections as you can, then reporting back here in a few days after said application.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I'm curious 'CL', have you gone to the various other audio forums and tried to peddle this ? I ask because there are several forums out there whose members believe in sprinkling fairy dust and the like. I'm sure they would take you up on your offer !

Last edited:
Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Connections at your speakers' crossovers should be treated as well. So who among you has the courage to accept a bottle of Miracle Audio Contact Fluid for free? I only ask that you use it in an A/B manner(listening before and after), and applying it to as many connections as you can, then reporting back here in a few days after said application.
Snake_Oil_1024x1024@2x (1).jpg

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I laughed so hard reading this thread, I fell off my chair, but, Okay. lol

highfigh

highfigh

In the words of Lone Watty in The Outlaw Josie Wales, "You try it".

What's in it? I would never try something without knowing- why would I want to put some unknown substance on any connection in my system when it could affect them without happening immediately?

I'm not going to make the changes to my system in order to do a blind test of any kind, I'm not opening any equipment that's still under warranty and I'm not going to spend the time it would require to remove everything from my rack, disassemble what would be needed and possibly need to flush the connections again for a product that I don't believe will make any difference.

If you want to pay me, I might think about it but as a dealer/installer who has sold & installed audio equipment for close to 50 years, I'm not going to waste my time and not get something for it. Think about what you're suggesting and the number of connections in the average system, then imagine being told that it will make a difference, but you know nothing about what's in it, who is recommending it or who made it. That's a whole lot of NOPE.

I happen to like the sound of my system- doing this would be defined as naive and neurotic.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
50% sound quality improvement? Man, it would cost me some serious money to get that kind of improvement by purchasing new equipment. Pair this with the Tice clock and now we are talking. :)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I would be leery of this as well. The business at that location is owned by Anne-Marie Kremer .
So, that makes you wonder what other scams the sleaze bag is trying to pull off. I would put money on this bloke being a big time scammer. Well spotted on the fake address.

C

Critical Listener

Audiophyte
@highfigh:
If you have gear under warranty, that's a legitimate reason not to mess with it. However, I would assume that you have a second and third system being in the business for as long as you have. Perhaps pieces that are ten years old or more and no longer as precious as your new system might be a place to start. Applying the fluid just on the connectors ofspeaker cables would be a good initial test.
Also, I'm sure you've used contact cleaners without knowing their ingredients.

C

Critical Listener

Audiophyte
@TLS Guy,
If you can get an instant refund from Amazon where you've bought my product, how am I perpetrating a scam?
The fact that no one has taken my offer of a free sample tells me that the naysayers are more afraid of being proven wrong than interested in improving their systems.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@TLS Guy,
If you can get an instant refund from Amazon where you've bought my product, how am I perpetrating a scam?
The fact that no one has taken my offer of a free sample tells me that the naysayers are more afraid of being proven wrong than interested in improving their systems.
Why would anyone waste their time applying this dubious product based on your guerilla sales pitch?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis