Seeking Insights on Quadraphonic SACD Playback Setup from the 2000s

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I am fully aware of how it is labelled on the unit. However, we have had confusion among members here about which is which with two surround labels. I know I am not alone in using the term surround backs. May be in future I will use both, with rear back in parenthesis.
There is no need for confusion. If more folks read the labels on their units and their manuals, there would be far less confusion out there. The "My Way is The Right Way" attitude from some with egos bigger than their speakers simply does not help at all.;) Apologies to @TheRealOC for the derailment.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
There is no need for confusion. If more folks read the labels on their units and their manuals, there would be far less confusion out there. The "My Way is The Right Way" attitude from some with egos bigger than their speakers simply does not help at all.;) Apologies to @TheRealOC for the derailment.
I see there is quite a bit written about this and confusion among users. The best solution I have seen about this after reviewing it this afternoon, is to use the terms side surrounds and back surrounds. So that is what I will use from now on.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
IMO there are surrounds, then possibly other surrounds (front height or rear and/or wides)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
IME docs like you, confident in limited diagnostic information, are only so useful/accurate especially compared to your ego.
Lighten up. My last post was clearly with humorous intent.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
We’re all ok. @TheRealOC was just curious if anybody had used a PS3 for SACD playback and how they connected it to their system. I’ve used more than one PS3 for SACD playback connected to more than one AVR. So, anybody who has not done so at all can just shut the f#%k up.;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis