No sound when connected to nvidia GPU

N

Nightmystic

Audiophyte
Ive recently bought a Denon DHT-S416 soundbar. When I plug it in directly to the RTX 2070 or 4090 with a HDMI 2.1 cable, there is no sound and the PC does not detect the soundbar.
When I attach a HDMI audio extractor to the GPU and the soundbar to the extractor, the extractor does get detected. But still no sound from the soundbar. I can choose atmos home theater in the audio settings when the hdmi audio extractor is connected. Im starting to wonder if the soundbar is defective because I can get stereo sound from the PC monitor when its connected to the HMDI port of the GPUs. Any ideas?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
What are the output settings of the GPU? Sounds like a handshake or drm issue.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The single HDMI(ARC) port on the Denon DHT-S416 is meant for connection to a TV using Audio Return Channel and is limited in available bandwidth.

For use with other devices, a model with an additional HDMI input port featuring full bandwidth is necessary for any lossless multichannel PCM, Dolby or DTS signals coming from a connected device. If wanting to stay with a Denon soundbar, the DHT-S517 is so equipped.

N

Nightmystic

Audiophyte
The single HDMI(ARC) port on the Denon DHT-S416 is meant for connection to a TV using Audio Return Channel and is limited in available bandwidth.

For use with other devices, a model with an additional HDMI input port featuring full bandwidth is necessary for any lossless multichannel PCM, Dolby or DTS signals coming from a connected device. If wanting to stay with a Denon soundbar, the DHT-S517 is so equipped.
I see. Thank you so much! I will return this one and buy that one.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis