Issue setting up Bose Soundbar 900 with Sony STR-DH790 (

B

Bose38

Audiophyte
I have purchased brand new
Epson - Home 3800 4K 3LCD Projector
Sony STR-DH790 7.2-ch Surround Sound Home Theater AV Receiver
Bose Sound smart sound bar 900 & Bose bass module 700.

I was able to configure Projector with receiver and able to play and shine projector to the screen. Some how I have issues configuring/connecting bose sound bar to the receiver. I connected bose soundbar earc port to one of the recievers's HDMI port via HDMI cable and the sound does not come through bose sound bar. There was a option to use optical able to connect bose sound bar to receiver and I tried that one as well and it did not work. I tried connecting bose sound bar earc port to projector HDMI cable and it did not work as well. And the Bose sound bar is connected to base module via bluetooth. I tired multiple settings in receiver and projector and I m going crazy to get this thing working.

I was wondering if any one has come across this issue and has a resolution for this.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What is it (the avr) supposed to do in this system that the soundbar doesn't do? The eARC port on the Bose I would think is meant to be connected to a TV (or a projector altho a quick look at your projector, don't see eARC/ARC), not other devices like a receiver....can't say I've ever heard of someone using a soundbar with a projector either otoh.

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
That soundbar was not designed to be used with an AVR. The eARC port is to be connected to a TV’s or projector’s eARC port to get sound back from them. External devices will need to be connected directly to the projector.

Think of the soundbar as a receiver and speakers combo with very limited connectivity ports and fixed speaker placement. A receiver with separate speakers will have many more connection ports and can be connected to separate speakers that aren’t crammed together in a small bar.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It seems this particular projector does not include an eARC port. So, it is a monitor only affair and will work with the HDMI OUT port of a receiver but is not going to work with this particular soundbar.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have purchased brand new
Epson - Home 3800 4K 3LCD Projector
Sony STR-DH790 7.2-ch Surround Sound Home Theater AV Receiver
Bose Sound smart sound bar 900 & Bose bass module 700.

I was able to configure Projector with receiver and able to play and shine projector to the screen. Some how I have issues configuring/connecting bose sound bar to the receiver. I connected bose soundbar earc port to one of the recievers's HDMI port via HDMI cable and the sound does not come through bose sound bar. There was a option to use optical able to connect bose sound bar to receiver and I tried that one as well and it did not work. I tried connecting bose sound bar earc port to projector HDMI cable and it did not work as well. And the Bose sound bar is connected to base module via bluetooth. I tired multiple settings in receiver and projector and I m going crazy to get this thing working.

I was wondering if any one has come across this issue and has a resolution for this.
You have made two huge mistakes. The first is buying a soundbar and a Bose product at that. The next was trying to use a sound bar with ab AVR. You need proper speakers for a rig like that and not a toy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis