Erin's Audio review squashed by Tekton

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wonder how many phone calls he'll get asking about his ASR/Erin's Audio Corner tirades rather than the speakers....if the speakers are so good why take it off your offerings?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
What a clueless moron...he doesn't have anyone that can tell him to stop before he buries his company even deeper???
Right?!?! Someone in his life has to say STOP!!!!! Sure he wouldn’t listen anyway.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I had a brief visit to AXPONA today, going back for more tomorrow but have a few Zoom Calls. The Tekton room was empty, but that was at 11am. I really wanted to say something, but I don't even know what the owner looks like. lol. On a positive note Kanto is comming out with a larger version of the Ora (Ora 4?) which sounded noticiblly better on the low end. Great little set of desktop speakers. I am buying the Demo Ora's at the show for a nice discount, which I will pickup on Sunday
I talked to Erin briefly today at AXPONA. He seems to be in good spirits (I don’t know him other than from his videos).

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Is that why the lack of hard data and measurements available? What is being hidden?
8000 views so far. Was this his goal all along?
He threw the audiophile community the type of bone they love, too unique for measurements to define their sound.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Lore- which definition was he using when he named these?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Yep. Looks like he might lose even more sales.
Considering he couldn't produce a single measurement till after the matter is (it's still debatable since Eric hasn't forwarded anything but driver response via a sim) I doubt his word will carry much weight after this..

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Considering he couldn't produce a single measurement till after the matter (it's still debatable since hasn't forwarded anything but driver response via a sim) I doubt his word will carry much weight after this..
I saw the plot he posted of a raw driver. Like seriously?
He just keeps digging.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
He just keeps digging.
Yeah, and that digging has become the central issue now. Either the crossover designer only submitted his simulation and it wasn't verified or Eric doesn't care and hopes uniqueness sells more than science. He definitely has had his share of odd ball speakers and those are the ones that aren't attempting to use an array to solve a solved problem..

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

He just keeps digging.
That's all he can do. I wonder if the driver plot is his or the maker's.
He just listens, doubt he measures or know the anechoic response of his speakers.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That's all he can do. I wonder if the driver plot is his or the maker's.
He just listens, doubt he measures or know the anechoic response of his speakers.
Iirc it was the driver manufacturers graph. I think he copied the image and cropped it down. Someone later posted the whole page with the graph and literature. Looked like an ad in a magazine lol.
I don’t think he measures either. I’d forgive his wacky designs(never buy though) but he just won’t quit. Haven’t checked asr for a bit.

xyvyx

xyvyx

Audiophyte
So in the legal irony department...
Would this mis-representation of Amir's work also be considered slander?

chrome_1Z6jqwvahL.png

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Iirc it was the driver manufacturers graph. I think he copied the image and cropped it down. Someone later posted the whole page with the graph and literature. Looked like an ad in a magazine lol.
I don’t think he measures either. I’d forgive his wacky designs(never buy though) but he just won’t quit. Haven’t checked asr for a bit.
I saw a comment in a FB group that they do measure (someone apparently witnessed such on the assembly floor on a tour) but it sounded more like they were comparing drivers to the expected driver measurement rather than a complete speaker....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I watched all three videos last night, Gene's, Erin's and that Alexander bloke's. He really is a piece of work. He is still insisting that impedance wiggle is due to the feet being off, despite Erin proving it isn't and that it goes away when you place the speaker top down. Aby how I doubt the issue is glaringly audible, if at all.

He should be far more worried about that broad rise centered on 4k, with the tail off in HF response following it. That is the sort of response that sounds awful, and one I would not tolerate, and certainly not market.

The nearest speaker that I have to the one Erin tested, are my surrounds. These were designed and built in 1984, so 40 years ago. There is a slight dip centered on 800 Hz, but that is not highly audible. There are no resonant wiggles in the impedance curve. These are high powered speakers and can deliver high spl. F3 is pretty much identical to those Tekton speakers. I know which of the two I would keep.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis