Epson 710UI Random loud fan noise

S

Sharel

Audiophyte
Hello all, this is my first post :)

I am and owner of Epson 710UI that I bought 2nd from Ebay.

I have the projector for 6 months and all was perfect until a week ago when the fan suddenly started to make a loud noise.

The projector is always set to quite mode with only 3000 hours use.

When I turn on the projector it works fine for few hours and then the noise starts for 2 min and then its quite again for 5 min and this cycle over and over again. There is no lamp or heat error.

When the loud fan noise comes its if the normal mode is on, so no crackling noise etc.

Your help is much appreciated!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

I have the projector for 6 months and all was perfect until a week ago when the fan suddenly started to make a loud noise.

When I turn on the projector it works fine for few hours and then the noise starts for 2 min and then its quite again for 5 min and this cycle over and over again. There is no lamp or heat error.

When the loud fan noise comes its if the normal mode is on, so no crackling noise etc.

It is hard to sort this out at long range. My best guess is that cooling channels are becoming obstructed by dust and fluff. I suspect the temperature is rising to where the fan speed has to increase to cool it down, and then it slows down, and this cycle is being repeated. Since this increase in fan speed prevents overheating you don't get an error.

I would dismantle the unit enough to clean out all the air cooling pathways thoroughly.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

Did you follow the manuals procedures on cleaning

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
It's likely time to open the projector and to give it a thorough cleaning. Follow videos on this process (or general idea) at www.youtube.com/fixitfrank as he REALLY knows his stuff and the videos will give you a really good idea of the process. Plan on it taking an afternoon to take it apart and reassemble it properly.

Do not EVER blow compressed air into the projector. You will push dust into the system and really hurt things.

Fans do fail over time, so if you can identify a specific fan that's making a noise, it may be time to replace it, if you can find a like-for-like replacement.

Anything that you want to blow dust out of, you should remove from the projector completely and take elsewhere to blow off. That will help keep dust away from the optical engine of the projector itself.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis