highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Some atheist you turned out to be, spouting scripture. :)

Thanks for the concise list! I'm gonna start keeping the sabbath. Can't be too careful.
Which Sabbath, Sundown on Friday or Sunday? With, or without technology?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Which Sabbath, Sundown on Friday or Sunday? With, or without technology?
Sunday's double time so it's frequently open to being a down day.

I'll take the Saturday too but that might be double dipping.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Oh boy. There's over 1300 examples listed. :confused:

Cruelty & Violence in the The Bible

If I had to pick a single reason for rejecting the Bible, it would be its cruelty.

It's not the cruelty and violence per se that bothers me; it's the biblical god's role in the cruel and violent acts. The God of the Bible ordered Saul to kill "man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass" in 1 Samuel 15.2-3. And the Bible contains hundreds of other cruel acts of God, any one of which, if true, would be enough for me to reject the Bible and its vicious God.

I also object to the pointless violence in the Bible, even when God doesn't seem to be directly involved. Judges 19, for example, is one of the most disgusting stories in all literature. If God was trying to communicate something in this chapter, I'd rather not know what it was.

This one is pretty nice....

In Judges 19, what did the Levite do to the body of his dead concubine
He chopped her body into twelve pieces and sent a piece to each tribe of Israel.
I took my concubine, and cut her in pieces, and sent her throughout all the country. Judges 20:16
When he was come into his house, he took a knife, and laid hold on his concubine, and divided her, together with her bones, into twelve pieces, and sent her into all the coasts of Israel. Judges 19:29 I took my concubine, and cut her in pieces, and sent her throughout all the country.
Judges 20:16

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Idea: tax exempt, but also exempt from criticism. (See bible.)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis