Best Loudspeakers of AXPONA 2023 Show Report

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
@gene , 280g a pair? Million in that room? Wow! James stated that his ears get burn-out. I had to chuckle when James stated, "if you want to know what a $4 million dollar pair of speakers looks like here you go. lol. Gene goes, "Looks like an acoustic nightmare" lol. Great stuff guys!:)
Very much appreciated, Gene-James.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Axpona couldn’t have picked a nicer day to launch in 2023 with an uncharacteristically sunny 80-degree day in April in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. Audio Expo North America, shortened to Axpona, broke new records in attendance and is doubtlessly the premier audio show in North America these days. Audioholics was there, of course, and we did a comprehensive tour of the show. In this article, we will identify just a few of the highlights that we saw this year. This is just a sampling, and there were a lot of outstanding audio exhibits at Apona this year, so don’t consider this to be a list of the only neat or interesting hifi demonstrations at the show. A full list of everything that impressed us would be impractically long. In this report, we will focus on loudspeakers, because loudspeakers have the most visually pronounced differences in design, and I think that makes them the star of the show here. Read our report to see some of the cool speakers we heard at Axpona 2023...

READ: Best Loudspeakers of Axpona 2023 Show Report
Thanks for writing this James

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Axpona couldn’t have picked a nicer day to launch in 2023 with an uncharacteristically sunny 80-degree day in April in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. Audio Expo North America, shortened to Axpona, broke new records in attendance and is doubtlessly the premier audio show in North America these days. Audioholics was there, of course, and we did a comprehensive tour of the show. In this article, we will identify just a few of the highlights that we saw this year. This is just a sampling, and there were a lot of outstanding audio exhibits at Apona this year, so don’t consider this to be a list of the only neat or interesting hifi demonstrations at the show. A full list of everything that impressed us would be impractically long. In this report, we will focus on loudspeakers, because loudspeakers have the most visually pronounced differences in design, and I think that makes them the star of the show here. Read our report to see some of the cool speakers we heard at Axpona 2023...

READ: Best Loudspeakers of Axpona 2023 Show Report
Shady did SVS have their new speaker lineup there?

You wrote you couldn't mention more setups due to phone issues with the lighting and I was just curious if they were there and if you got to hear them

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Shady did SVS have their new speaker lineup there?

You wrote you couldn't mention more setups due to phone issues with the lighting and I was just curious if they were there and if you got to hear them
Yes, SVS has a pair of their new speakers. I wasn't able to get a good photo since the room was very dark. I heard them but didn't listen to them for long, but I didn't need to; I have some Ultra Evolution Pinnacles playing in my home theater right now!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, SVS has a pair of their new speakers. I wasn't able to get a good photo since the room was very dark. I heard them but didn't listen to them for long, but I didn't need to; I have some Ultra Evolution Pinnacles playing in my home theater right now!
Ohhhhhhhhh you lucky dog youuuuuuu

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
FWIW the title of the thread is odd now that 2024 reports have been combined.....can it be changed by a mod to 23/24 ?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis