NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
What the Hell is wrong with you? Why are you making a Federal case out of this?

Here are green cables at a good price. They use Belden cables, which I have always used and there is nothing wrong with them. I just ordered some balanced cable from this outfit to make three specialized cables for a member that needs an RC network in his three cables.

There is nothing wrong with these cables. Just buy them, or are you going to persist in acquiring the Audiophool label complete with their badge of honor?
But that link is only for one cable and not a pair. :rolleyes:

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
In the pro audio world, 100 meter XLR cables are common.
But they're moving toward using more fiber optic snakes since ground loops and line loss are impossible, the latter being dependent on having no tight bends or kinks.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
5 meter length xlr is a nightmare
No, 5m is completely common. A typical mic cable is longer than that most of the time, so things can be moved around easily. Running balanced cable, then terminating to a XLR wall plate is often done at well over 30-50m in length. That was the entire point of the design of XLR cabling to begin with.

Plus I prefer green wire
THINGS YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT IN YOUR ORIGINAL POST!

Seriously, why not just actually post what you've looked at, what your use case is, why you need GREEN instead of the industry standard 'black' cabling. Why you need a 'pair' instead of the industry standard single cable, which you would buy two of and just zip them together or throw them in some snake skin?

Some people just don't get that the details sometimes actually matter. Adding some specifics to your needs and some explanations for what sounds like a ridiculous request is also incredibly helpful.

What equipment are you connecting?
Why green?
Why a stereo pair instead of a couple of mono cables?
What have you tried and why has it not worked for you?

Serious questions that you are barely acknowledging in your responses.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
No, 5m is completely common. A typical mic cable is longer than that most of the time, so things can be moved around easily. Running balanced cable, then terminating to a XLR wall plate is often done at well over 30-50m in length. That was the entire point of the design of XLR cabling to begin with.

THINGS YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT IN YOUR ORIGINAL POST!

Seriously, why not just actually post what you've looked at, what your use case is, why you need GREEN instead of the industry standard 'black' cabling. Why you need a 'pair' instead of the industry standard single cable, which you would buy two of and just zip them together or throw them in some snake skin?

Some people just don't get that the details sometimes actually matter. Adding some specifics to your needs and some explanations for what sounds like a ridiculous request is also incredibly helpful.

Why green?

Serious questions that you are barely acknowledging in your responses.
Wait, you don't use matched cables??????:rolleyes:

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
What the Hell is wrong with you?
Nothing, why do you ask?

Nothing federal about it. I want a pair not two singles and I don't want cheap crap that looks like poop. I need them shielded too.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
As I posted, all cables are shielded.

Why are we searching for cables for you? You have already spent more time posting here than it would take to find what you want. I changed my search to 'green 5 meter XLR cables' and found a lot- next, you'll be telling us that you don't like the shade of green.

Good luck to you.
Indeed. The shade is important.

You know, beige may be better. In fact, could you check beige not green for me? Thanks

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General

Why green?
Yes, I should have been more specific. Connecting my pre-amp to power amps.
Green matches my wall but as it will be on the floor I have changed my mind, green is not teh correct choice. Brown or beige is, same as teh carpet as it will be exposed for several feet. Stereo pair because it can become difficult to keep which is right and which is left straight.
I have cheap XLR I now use, I am not happy using them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If an XLR balanced interconnect system is available, then amplifiers near the loudspeakers is the way to go.
Sure, theoretically...practically maybe easier to move the amp and use longer speaker wire...but green speaker wire may be hard to find, too...

C

clopgsane

Audiophyte
I bought the 6.5' ver of these for my pre and a longer one for my sub and they work perfectly fine. No 15' offered though, only 25.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
We did a recording of the Cleveland Orchestra, not at Severance Hall, but at the old Masonic Temple.
I guesstimated that we had about a mile of assorted cables. It took forever to tear down.
Very cool. I am thinking of moving to Cleveland as there is so much so easily accessible. I am looking in Shaker Heights, very close to Severance. Severance is why I am looking in Shaker.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Sure, theoretically...practically maybe easier to move the amp and use longer speaker wire...but green speaker wire may be hard to find, too...
It would throw the entire room off aesthetically plus the hospital grade 20 amp outlets are all behind the power amps.

I designed the room to be focused on the 2 channel audio. The other side of the room is designed for video and has the 2 big subwoofers.

Anyway, the bottom line is no moving the amps.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis