Vancouver

Vancouver

Full Audioholic
I just bought my DVDO today and am trying to figure out how to best set up the XBOX when playing. When hooking up a DVD player the DVDO guys said it best to send the signal to the DVDO at 480i and let it do the upconverting because DVDs are recording in 480i.

WIth games however I am not sure how they are made. Are the made in 480p originally? Or is the XBOX doing its own upconversion? I was thinking i should set my xbox to the following.

480p no
720p no
1080i no

16:9 Yes

What are your thoughts?

W

W9TR

Audiophyte
Depends on which DVDO boxes you have. The non-HD models only accept 480i, so I think you've got the X-Box set up correctly if you have a non-HD iScan. If you have an HD model, you can set up the X-box to output a higher resolution.

I'm not sure about the native X-Box format. I think it varies from game to game, based on how the game is authored. But I'm not 100% posiitve.

Vancouver

Vancouver

Full Audioholic
so I would not want to send the signal at the lowest possible resolution (480i)? and let the iscan do all the converting? I have the HD.

W

WoodieB

Audioholic Intern
Seems like the majority of Xbox games, (newer ones anyway) are 480p, but there are some 720p and 1080i games. I have my Xbox set with yes to all three formats. Seems to me like you would want to use the highest native resolution the Xbox would output. But I have my Xbox switching thru my Denon 2805 with high bandwidth component connections, and component connections to my Sony 55" LCD RPTV. Make sure you get the Xbox hi def hook up pack with optical digital audio out. It's the only way you will get true DD 5.1 game sound. With my Axiom M22ti's, VP150 center and SVS PC Ultra subwoofer, gaming is a TOTALLY different experience!!

Vancouver

Vancouver

Full Audioholic
WoodieB said:
Seems like the majority of Xbox games, (newer ones anyway) are 480p, but there are some 720p and 1080i games. I have my Xbox set with yes to all three formats. Seems to me like you would want to use the highest native resolution the Xbox would output. But I have my Xbox switching thru my Denon 2805 with high bandwidth component connections, and component connections to my Sony 55" LCD RPTV. Make sure you get the Xbox hi def hook up pack with optical digital audio out. It's the only way you will get true DD 5.1 game sound. With my Axiom M22ti's, VP150 center and SVS PC Ultra subwoofer, gaming is a TOTALLY different experience!!

I have the HD pack and agree with the difference. My question is with regards to runing the XBOX through a video processor to enhance the quality.

For anyone else doing this I did the test and its best to keep it on 480p then have the Processor upconvert it. Right now I am scaling it to 1,024X768 @ 75 hz and it looks great.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis