Windows 7 Professional computer issues

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have some computers that were used for HTC phone kiosks in shopping malls which came to me from one of my customers, who was the CEO of the company that designed and built the kiosks. I have used a few of them as my personal and work computers because I had them, but the one I original set up for work has a serial port, which is great for programming older remotes because Serial to USB adapters generally suck. One video card cacked, so I did what I could to move files that were important, to a different one. I have two more that I want to use in some way, possibly as a music server. When I called the manufacturer for info, I was told that they're made to work for long periods, reliably. The video card aside, it worked since 2015 in conditions I don't know.

I turned another one on and it boots normally, has been cleaned up and it has a small list of programs. When I connected it to my network, it was successful very quickly but when I tried to go to its home page in Explorer, it failed to connect. I can go to Yahoo, Audioholics and some other pages, but I want to download Chrome and DuckDuckGo- it uses Bing as the default search engine and shows the links, but they won't open. I checked Internet Options and network configuration but saw nothing out of the ordinary. I can ping google successfully in cmd (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and cleared the dns. Anything else (netsh interface ipv4 reset, ipv6 reset and ipconfig /flush) needs me to run as Administrator (other than right click on IE and Run as Admin) and I can't find where to make that possible.

It's not the end of the world if it won't work, but when I had similar issues with one of the other computers, it was years ago and I don't remember what I did to get it to work normally.

DOH!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
OK, browsing is an IE problem because it's d e d, dead. Instead of searching for Google Chrome, I went with google and it found that page, with the download button and it works great.

I hate Microsoft.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
OK, browsing is an IE problem because it's d e d, dead. Instead of searching for Google Chrome, I went with google and it found that page, with the download button and it works great.

I hate Microsoft.
IE/MS Edge is a pig, even on this i7 machine. I avoid it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis