M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I wish Foosball was still a thing. We used to play that game to the point of absolute physical exhaustion, just from the intensity of the competitiveness. Video games just don't compare.

That or billiards. Both getting increasingly harder to find, other than waiting on your quarters to come up at some pub, and hope you are 'on', so that you get to play more than twice, maybe.

ETA: with "Misty Mountain Hop" playing in the background, or ZZ Top's "Tush."

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Loved foosball, a roomie and I even had one for a while. We removed the dining table to accommodate it :) Pool/billiards I've had my own table for as well (different houses, tho). Better yet we went outside to "play" :)

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I agree, Foosball was the best competition ever, whether 2 or 4 person. We had disputes w plenty of digs at one another. All in fun...of course.

Going waaaay back, it was neighborhood hopscotch and disputing if person stepped on the line or not. I had a nice flat rock to toss. Kick the Can was a neighborhood night activity too, using an empty gallon paint can.

I played a lot of pool in HS, at the local bowling alley for cash. It was a hangout late 50's early 60's. Had my own Cue Stick and was left handed. Lots of 8 Ball.

Last edited:
M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
A guy I had as my regular foosball partner and I went to watch the regional championship and one of the teams had forfeited. There was a coin toss elimination of any guest teams that wanted to take their spot and we won the spot and ended up winning the whole thing. Prize was $1500 cash, a trophy and a big bag of tokens to the arcade. This from having nothing else to do on a Saturday night and we were from 3 towns away from there. The last team we beat for the championship had won it the prior 3 years.

Those guys all had big city trick shots but they were easy to figure out because they relied on near perfect geometry so I knew where all the bank shots were coming from and my partner was frustrating them telling them "Bank's closed" every time they tried it. The other thing that threw them off was my partner and I changed positions whenever we felt it cooling off. A simple (albeit fast as lightning) push kick and push kick fake into double push kick won it and my partners simple pull shot. 2nd to the last point I got from the goalie position stuffing o'l edward spinny hands shot back in his face, all the way back and just smoked it straight up the middle.

Ended up playing in Boulder about a year later on Pearl St., where some little punker chick kicked my ass like it was my first game. lol

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I shared a farm house with 3 friends and what should have been the dining room was the foosball room. I've had guys I that have not seen in 20 years walk up and the first thing they mention were the intense foosball games.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There are still arcades and bowling alleys, but even those are becoming far and few. That's about the only place I see foosball, air hockey and pool tables. The pool halls around here mostly closed.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
There are still arcades and bowling alleys, but even those are becoming far and few. That's about the only place I see foosball, air hockey and pool tables. The pool halls around here mostly closed.
I had considered getting a good table and challenging my sons and their friends. My friends might be too lazy to stand that long. Last bar I played it at the table sucked. It was too warped for any real toe control for shot setup. On some spots, the ball would roll right to the other player if you dared let go.

T

TyreseD

Audiophyte
Wow guys, you made me nostalgic.. I remember we even made bets on who would win.. It was so much fun
Times are changing, and now I don't even know who will play with me...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis