AngryGinger

Audiophyte
Hi, new here.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you.

A

AngryGinger

Audiophyte
Yes, I have seen that as the new Ultra Evolution series is out.

Current setup (5.2.4)
Denon AVR-X4500H
Ascend Acoustics CBM-170SE (L/R)
Ascend Acoustics CMT-340SE (C)
SVS SB-2000 (2)
SVS Prime Satellite (2)
SVS Prime Elevation (4)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd upgrade the L/R speakers first, maybe the new Sierra-1 v.2. Why are you starting with center?

A

AngryGinger

Audiophyte
I'd upgrade the L/R speakers first, maybe the new Sierra-1 v.2. Why are you starting with center?
Sorry I failed to state I'm happy with everything else, I just can't seem to get the clarity I would like out of the MTM center so I would like to upgrade to a 3 way center for now.

If I were wanting to upgrade all of them, I agree with you that starting with the L/R would be good. That's what I did with what I have now.

Thank you.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry I failed to state I'm happy with everything else, I just can't seem to get the clarity I would like out of the MTM center so I would like to upgrade to a 3 way center for now.

If I were wanting to upgrade all of them, I agree with you that starting with the L/R would be good. That's what I did with what I have now.

Thank you.
Must it be a horizontal center? In one system I use Sierra-1s all across the front. Then there's always the Ascend Horizon to keep it in the family :)

I take it you've maximized position of the 340 center?

A

AngryGinger

Audiophyte
Yes, unfortunately not enough room for a vertical one. I would LOVE to get the Sierra Horizon but it's considerably out of my budget. Yes, the 340 center is in the best position possible, except for being horizontal of course.

Thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis