Interesting WSJ article about parents suing schools over withholding 8th grade algebra due to racism

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Paywall stuff, not a big fox fan either.

Second link better, but would want to to talk to my friends in the SFUSD before giving much credence to WSJ/Fox angles....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I did study math in SFUSD, was pretty high level in my senior year in HS....more than most school districts in the rest of the country ever got to.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Did you attend in the last 10 years? I guess this started in 2014. Just amazed that all the brain power and this is the solution that was concocted.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you attend in the last 10 years? I guess this started in 2014. Just amazed that all the brain power and this is the solution that was concocted.
My friend has been in admin for a while there and was about to retire so will have to ask. She actually works in the old building where my hs was based many years ago but got shut down....too dangerous for students but not admin :). I still watch my old hs events via newsletter (a very well funded hs, but a particular academic based one within the usual district, you had to have exceptional grades to gain entry to Lowell HS).50

ps Yes, my experience there was 50 years ago now.

Last edited:
Mike L. Long

Mike L. Long

Audiophyte
My friend has been in admin for a while there and was about to retire so will have to ask. She actually works in the old building where my hs was based many years ago but got shut down....too dangerous for students but not admin :). I still watch my old hs events via newsletter (a very well funded hs, but a particular academic based one within the usual district, you had to have exceptional grades to gain entry to Lowell HS).50

ps Yes, my experience there was 50 years ago now. This is just complete nonsense. They understand perfectly well that they have already lost in advance. This won't happen. In principle, I love algebra. I don’t like anything literary anymore, I often pay for essay writing, I use https://ca.papersowl.com/pay-for-essay for this. But mathematics has always been, is and will be. I understand that the article describes the problem, but it makes no sense.
There’s really nothing to add here. Stand up.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis