I'm all center channel!

P

privateeye

Junior Audioholic
My modest little system features an enormous 40" long 65lb center channel (that's a 65" TV for size reference) . I had been using an SVS Ultra prior to acquiring this Paradigm CC-390 for a song from a buddy. Initially, I had no intention of actually using it; I was planning to incorporate it into my gym system. However, once I heard it, I realized that I had never experienced a truly exceptional center channel before, and there was no going back. Dialogue now has so much more intricacy and nuance that I had been completely missing out on without even realizing it. It looks a bit absurd, but I'm okay with that!
paradigm cc390.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My modest little system features an enormous 40" long 65lb center channel (that's a 65" TV for size reference) . I had been using an SVS Ultra prior to acquiring this Paradigm CC-390 for a song from a buddy. Initially, I had no intention of actually using it; I was planning to incorporate it into my gym system. However, once I heard it, I realized that I had never experienced a truly exceptional center channel before, and there was no going back. Dialogue now has so much more intricacy and nuance that I had been completely missing out on without even realizing it. It looks a bit absurd, but I'm okay with that! View attachment 66934
Hard to see, but is that center angled up towards your ears? What kind of stand is it on?

P

privateeye

Junior Audioholic
Hard to see, but is that center angled up towards your ears? What kind of stand is it on?
Yes it is angled up pointing directly at my ears. That is a cinder block painted flat black, which matches the rest of my setup. I built a dedicated wooden stand for it initially, unfortunately it just didn't look very good. It added too much bulk to an already bulky center channel, I like a cleaner more simplistic look.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have a center speaker stand with a built in angle to help with that. I use a small wooden riser I built to raise it up a bit when I couldn't find a new stand with the dims I wanted. I thought that block could be wood/cinder as it didn't look like a commercial sold stand....

P

privateeye

Junior Audioholic
I have a center speaker stand with a built in angle to help with that. I use a small wooden riser I built to raise it up a bit when I couldn't find a new stand with the dims I wanted. I thought that block could be wood/cinder as it didn't look like a commercial sold stand....
I built a wedge so it would be properly angled up. The cinder block was perfect because I need something extremely sturdy and stable. It actually looks pretty good all things considered.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I built a wedge so it would be properly angled up. The cinder block was perfect because I need something extremely sturdy and stable. It actually looks pretty good all things considered.
Forgot to ask what you used to angle it, thanks. I was thinking door stops....but they might be too small.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
My modest little system features an enormous 40" long 65lb center channel (that's a 65" TV for size reference) . I had been using an SVS Ultra prior to acquiring this Paradigm CC-390 for a song from a buddy. Initially, I had no intention of actually using it; I was planning to incorporate it into my gym system. However, once I heard it, I realized that I had never experienced a truly exceptional center channel before, and there was no going back. Dialogue now has so much more intricacy and nuance that I had been completely missing out on without even realizing it. It looks a bit absurd, but I'm okay with that! View attachment 66934
Exactly opposite of what I’m running because it’s phantom my tv stand won’t fit my center . Looks impressive ! Paradigm is better then my Klipch.

P

privateeye

Junior Audioholic
Exactly opposite of what I’m running because it’s phantom my tv stand won’t fit my center . Looks impressive ! Paradigm is better then my Klipch.
A phantom center channel will absolutely destroy a dedicated center channel if you have a narrow MLP and have it setup properly. Use this video in stereo mode to test and calibrate it;
A lot of people have no clue what two speakers are capable as far as sound projection. Two stereo speakers can even throw sound outside of their physical locations.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis