Buyer Beware of accessories4less Scam company with legit dealer license

S

ssmokeyy

Junior Audioholic
I test everything thing i get before installed. it only takes a couple times of finding bad parts before u know how worth it is . Customers hate it when u do hit 2 or 3 times. I own and run 2 businesses and have found that to be the case in both.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I test everything thing i get before installed. it only takes a couple times of finding bad parts before u know how worth it is . Customers hate it when u do hit 2 or 3 times. I own and run 2 businesses and have found that to be the case in both.
I understand what you're saying but can you imagine an electrician checking every outlet before they were installed? Hopefully you can see where I'm coming from.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So many things about your post makes me smile. So u don't read the whole post i see. How can they be broke and work normally at the same time? If the 9v broke the caps in the speaker how does it work normally for them. Also we ordered refurbished speakers but once there was a problem they tell us there brand new. Not sure i believe that story. I ordered him 2 new ones from a local company and they ohm out and work normally hooked up to a anthem mrx 540. Sounds like to me that u might work there or know someone there and making this bull up. Everyone has the right to tell there side of the story and facts of the case. This is what happen to my friend, they do it to a lot of people facts. Goal wasn't to crap all over them at the start but than this small post to inform people in our small group that there is a bad player out there to maybe think before buy kinda thing.
I'm not sure YOU read what you wrote. You claimed that the speaker didn't work with the battery and the rest is all your reaction and perception of their operation but we're on the outside, with no direct rebuttal from A4L- as they teach in Customer Service training, "There are three sides to every story- Side A (complaint), Side B (respondant) and The Truth in somewhere in the middle.

However, if you were able to measure resistance on the replacement speakers, they don't have a cap inline, but without being able to see inside of the first ones, it's impossible to know what has been damaged.

I'm also not sure A4L sells new, but since I don't buy at retail, I don't need to know much about them. No, I don't work for A4L, I own my business selling and installing but as I wrote before, a 9V battery isn't the best way to test speakers and if you search AH, you'll see that I have posted comments against this practice many times because I have seen what happens to speakers when tests and improper use go bad.

A4L has satisfied customers among AH, but you're posting about them as if your story is the absolute truth. It is, but only for you and in your case- if others have had better experiences, it's unlikely that you'll change their minds but you ARE trying to make people change their decision and that's where the damage occurs.

highfigh

highfigh

I understand what you're saying but can you imagine an electrician checking every outlet before they were installed? Hopefully you can see where I'm coming from.
It's not hard to test every outlet and in fact, that should be done because the last thing the electrician or company wants is service calls due to dead/mis-wired outlets or damaged equipment. Now that COVID has made so many people leave the trades, new hires need to be supervised more than ever and many electrical contractors use 'wire monkeys' to pull and staple Romex, but more experienced people for installing/bending conduit. They also need to make sure each circuit leg is correct, according to the plans- code violations cost a lot of money.

Checking all of the circuits is part of the punch list on every job. Tedious and time-consuming? Absolutely, but it's necessary.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
It's not hard to test every outlet and in fact, that should be done because the last thing the electrician or company wants is service calls due to dead/mis-wired outlets or damaged equipment. Now that COVID has made so many people leave the trades, new hires need to be supervised more than ever and many electrical contractors use 'wire monkeys' to pull and staple Romex, but more experienced people for installing/bending conduit. They also need to make sure each circuit leg is correct, according to the plans- code violations cost a lot of money.

Checking all of the circuits is part of the punch list on every job. Tedious and time-consuming? Absolutely, but it's necessary.
I was saying test the outlet *before installation*. Everything has to be punched, same with speakers but there seems to be a desire to pre check in this case..

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
@OP, back in 2020 had ordered a 65" 4K TV from Amazon, long story short took close to 4 weeks to get a refund back on my card. UPS picked up the TV at my front door. 4 days later was sitting at a Amazon dock at a Amazon facility.

Was told after Several emails and actually calling in several times it would take 30 days to investigate to see what happened. Before they would issue a refund. Well I shot an email to Jeff,s executive assistant. With in 5 day's she resolved the issue, was scanned wrong at the dock. Got a full refund within 3 days, plus she credited my account 50 bucks to spend on Amazon.

I've used A4L for a refurbished Yamaha 7790 AVR, 299.00 plus 9.99 shipping and tax, those were going for $849.00 new. That AVR is being used by one of my grandsons. Got it back in 2016. Anyway those things happen. Even with new products, I've had AVR's, Blu-ray player's Plasma T V crap out in and out of warranty. Some had great service with some I didn't. It happens. Best of luck with your future endeavors in this hobby

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You're in the installing business?

highfigh

highfigh

I was saying test the outlet *before installation*. Everything has to be punched, same with speakers but there seems to be a desire to pre check in this case..
I have never seen anyone test outlets before installation- THAT would b a waste of time. If a few speakers are being mounted, it may not be a bad idea, especially if they were returned or refurbed. I haven't seen many bad speakers out of the box from known manufacturers in 50 years.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis