D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Kind of a shame. I'd rather have DeSantis in there instead of the other two.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
You mean he was unable to convince his legislators to change the law?
Apparently not.

Inciting a mob to attack the Florida Capitol building is probably not out of the question. After all, democracy and laws are so old and busted. Mobs are the new hotness.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Guess that's why I'm not a politician. I couldn't say, as Trump did, "crooked Joe" and then get an applause from the audience when he has four indictments of his own.:rolleyes:

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Guess that's why I'm not a politician. I couldn't say, as Trump did, "crooked Joe" and then get an applause from the audience when he has four indictments of his own.:rolleyes:
In a sense, Trump is very honest about his lying. He doesn’t try to hide it, he just tells one whopper after another.

I’m under the impression that quite a few of his supporters know he’s lying at some level but they’re perfectly okay with it for various reasons. The general attitude seems to be that “truth is for suckers.”

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
In a sense, Trump is very honest about his lying. He doesn’t try to hide it, he just tells one whopper after another.

I’m under the impression that quite a few of his supporters know he’s lying at some level but they’re perfectly okay with it for various reasons. The general attitude seems to be that “truth is for suckers.”
I saw an interview snippet with a drumph supporter....one of the phrases was "he tells us what we want to hear"....and I don't think truth has a lot to do with that.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Can't wait to see the New Hampshire results. I might consider voting for Haley over Biden.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Why Our Clients Sued to Keep Trump Off the Colorado Ballot (thebulwark.com)

Key passage:
Furthermore, as Colorado resident and preeminent conservative legal mind Judge Michael Luttig has rightly argued, it was Trump’s anti-democratic conduct—specifically his attempts to undermine the peaceful transfer of power—that triggered a response necessitated by the Constitution. Trump used threats and violence in an attempt to disenfranchise more than 80 million Americans who chose another president. The Fourteenth Amendment automatically shielded our democracy by making Trump ineligible to hold office again the moment he engaged in an insurrection.

Trump does not need to face a criminal trial or be convicted. The Fourteenth Amendment is not a criminal statute and will not subject him to penal consequences—no fine, no prison. Instead, it is a civil matter determined by a different burden of proof, and it only denies him the privilege of seeking office. That is a significant difference. For example, O.J. Simpson was found not guilty of murder in the famous criminal case, but in subsequent civil court proceedings was still found liable for those deaths and ordered to pay tens of millions of dollars.

In this case, Trump had his day in court, though he refused to testify and fought our efforts to subpoena him. He forfeited his opportunity to personally plead his case. And in the end, he lost. He must now pay the consequences.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Can't wait to see the New Hampshire results. I might consider voting for Haley over Biden.
Good article, but unfortunately, he has to be convicted and this crap is on a delay train. It looks like some publicity stunt by Trump and the courts at times, follow along only to drag this on and on and on. Man I hope not, but once he is chosen as the Republican nominee, DO the courts back away ? Wow what a mess this would be.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Good article, but unfortunately, he has to be convicted and this crap is on a delay train. It looks like some publicity stunt by Trump and the courts at times, follow along only to drag this on and on and on. Man I hope not, but once he is chosen as the Republican nominee, DO the courts back away ? Wow what a mess this would be.
I get that. It was just an explanation of why they brought the suit.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like Biden is getting the opponent he wanted.

>>>MANCHESTER, New Hampshire — The general election has all but begun — and it’s the race President Joe Biden’s team wanted. . . . Assuming Trump clears that hurdle, Biden aides and allies believe a faceoff with Trump will help negate the incumbent’s biggest weakness — his age — and motivate both swing voters and reluctant Democrats to turn out against Trump.<<<

Bring on the dark money!

>>>A New York Times analysis reveals how the left outdid the right at raising and spending millions from undisclosed donors to defeat Donald Trump and win power in Washington. . . . The findings reveal the growth and ascendancy of a shadow political infrastructure that is reshaping American politics, as megadonors to these nonprofits take advantage of loose disclosure laws to make multimillion-dollar outlays in total secrecy.<<<

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It looks like Biden is getting the opponent he wanted.

>>>MANCHESTER, New Hampshire — The general election has all but begun — and it’s the race President Joe Biden’s team wanted. . . . Assuming Trump clears that hurdle, Biden aides and allies believe a faceoff with Trump will help negate the incumbent’s biggest weakness — his age — and motivate both swing voters and reluctant Democrats to turn out against Trump.<<<
Shoot I'd say it's the border now. Democrats like to spend. Another $5-10 trillion towards the wall would be a "good" debt.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis