Cadence CSX15 Mark II Subwoofer Review
- Product Name: CSX15 Mark II Subwoofer
- Manufacturer: Cadence Sound
- Performance Rating:
- Value Rating:
- Review Date: June 12, 2012 18:00
- MSRP: $ 499
- Single front firing 15” long throw woofer
- Computer tuned slot vented enclosure
- ¾” MDF cabinet construction, glued and internally braced
- Removable grille
- Amplifier: 300 watts rms, 600 watts dynamic power
- Frequency Response: 25-250Hz (No tolerance)
- Finish: Black wood grain with hand polished gloss black front panel
- Dimensions (H/W/D): 21.5” x 19” x 18”
- Weight: 88 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years bumper to bumper
- 120oz motor structure with extended pole piece
- 2.5” diameter 4 layer voice coil on a Kapton former
- Vented and bumped back plate
- Dual spiders and double laminated surround
- Linear Class A operation
- High current output stage utilizing 6 Ring Emitter Technology Sanken studio grade Japanese transistors
- Damping factor > 400 @ 80Hz
- 33K ohm input impedance
- Auto on/off with 1mV sensitivity
- Signal/Noise Ratio >110dB
- Slew rate 80 volts per uS in full range operation
- 110/220v ac mains selector
- Bass boost equalizer 0 to +12dB @ 50Hz
- Adjustable input gain
- 40-120Hz variable low pass crossover with bypass switch(12dB/octave)
- Phase: Adjustable from 0-180 degrees
- Detachable AC cord set
- Unbalanced (RCA) input
- Multi-Link master/slave control for daisy chaining units
- Nice fit and finish
- Very limited deep bass extension
- Protection circuits not optimized/Can be overdriven
Thanks for the kind words guys. We've got another coming down the pipe shortly.
Glad to hear. Looking forward to it.
Tom...Glad to see you around.
At Josh Ricci:
Thanks for the thorough review of the Cadence CSX 15 II. In a short span of time you have come to be highly respected for your subwoofer reviews
Power Sound Audio
At Josh Ricci:
Thanks for the thorough review of the Cadence CSX 15 II. In a short span of time you have come to be highly respected for your subwoofer reviews, (unlike some professed reviewers).
Someone who thinks that suggesting the addition of an additional 8 ounces of poly fill doesn't qualify as "doing design projects", nor does suggesting that screws be replaced with "T" nuts ...
Keep up the great work. Your technical expertise in measuring critical data makes your reviews truly superior to much of what is passing for reviews that lack a single number, especially the base frequency response. For example one so-called reviewer thinks that a subwoofer with a passive radiator is an "acoustic suspension" design and doesn't know that a sub with a single driver and a single passive radiator behaves much more like a ported design rather than a sealed design.
All the other reviews -- whether or not they contain numbers -- greatly exceed that which you contribute, which amounts to essentially nothing but sarcasm, in this and every other forum. You really need to back off and go find something productive to do. Your incessant jabs and hollow comments have no value to anyone but yourself. Self aggrandizing has no place here. Move on already.