RBH Signature SX-1212/R Reference Subwoofer Preview
- Product Name: Signature SX-1212/R Reference Subwoofer
- Manufacturer: RBH Sound
- Review Date: October 31, 2006 08:25
- MSRP: $3000 - $5000
- First Impression: Gotta Have It!
RBH SX-1212/R Specs:
- dual 12" high excursion drivers each with 12+lb motor structurers
- 3000 watt USA made amplifier with 30A fuse. Feed this baby the power if you've gt it.
- DSP front end to linearize the driver/cabinet response
- No crossover or bass management, meant to work directly with your A/V processor
- Similar output capability of the bass module in the new $50k Status Acoustics Titus 8T
- Port diameter is a whopping 6" and 30" long. That's no typo, this baby has a huge bottom mounted port. You could fit your head in it!
- Available in black or sandalwood finish
- Price: $5k
I'm here to make another RBH Sound speaker look small... It's actually a pretty massive subwoofer that ups the ante on the company's prior Reference 1010 model. The new 1212 Series of subs is available in four different models: a passive standard model, an active stand model, and both passive and active reference models. Pricing ranges from $3000 for the passive standard model to $5000 for the active Signature Reference (SX-1212/R) model. This one here is indeed the Signature SX-1212/R which has two reference grade 12" aluminum drivers on the front and features a down-firing 6" flared port.
The amplifier is a 3000 watt beast that can actually put out up to 4000 watts under a 2-ohm load. It's available in two finishes, Black or Sandalwood - or you can choose from up to 30 different custom finishes for an additional premium.
Don't miss out! Check out our full 2012 CEDIA Expo video coverage for all our event videos. And stay up to date on all our coverage, including photos and video, by Liking us at facebook.com/Audioholics.